Compound explosion take 2

I know three guys who have destroyed bows by forgetting to knock an arrow and firing the bow.

Seems stupid but all three are serious archers. lol

I know three guys who have destroyed bows by forgetting to knock an arrow and firing the bow.

Seems stupid but all three are serious archers. lol

It happens a lot.

I haven't done it yet, I think shooting a blade a lot helps as I need to be certain the arrow is on it while drawing back.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That one good thing about shooting a QAD.......I raise the launcher every time I nock an arrow. If I try to raise the launcher and there's no arrow there, that's enough to tell me to nock an arrow. And I never shoot my bow without raising the launcher first.

Marble

WKR
I’m not busting nocks, as far as i know. Both times this happened, the arrow was gone. Never found it. I’m going to likely just start over, at a real archery shop, not Scheels, and get back to the basics. You’re not being a dick, I‘m more than willing to admit It could be me, but man I just feel like you’d REALLY have to torque for this to happen. My front hand is loose, that was really stressed in my early archery lessons. I would think that the torque would have to be significant.
Twice in the last 3 months I have shot my bow and it sounded like a dry fire. Both times it was because the nock was cracked and broke when fired. One of the things that should be part of everyone's sequence of shooting, is squeezing your nock while indexing it. If a nock goes on easy, or really hard, replace it. It's not worth trying to shoot it.

If you find the arrow after you shoot and half is broken off, then this is what happened. If your nock is enact, then you are putting torque into the riser causing it to derail.

John Dudleys "school of nock" on YouTube has some very helpful tutorials.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk