Concert/Sporting Event Ticket Stubs

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Who has a box of old ticket stubs in the back of their closet or buried in a drawer? I’m showing my age here a bit but I thought this might be fun. Here’s one of my favorites. The Omni was in downtown Atlanta and is long gone now.

Attachments

• IMG_7526.jpeg
    IMG_7526.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 41

hunterjmj

WKR
I saw him at the Anne Morrison in Boise around 2008 or thereabouts. Glad I did. I'm not really into going to concerts but that was a great show. Chris LeDoux was great too. That guy had a lot of energy.

Who has a box of old ticket stubs in the back of their closet or buried in a drawer? I’m showing my age here a bit but I thought this might be fun. Here’s one of my favorites. The Omni was in downtown Atlanta and is long gone now.
Funny , saw Dwight about 2 years ago at a small venue in minnesota . Those guys played for about 2 hours non-stop . Great show for an old guy

grfox92

WKR
I was at the last Yankees vs Redsox game in the old Yankee stadium before they tore it down. I'm not a sports guy and never thought to save the ticket. Oops haha.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

AZ8

WKR
Got a bunch in a box somewhere.

My first concert was in 1986. ZZ Top at The Coliseum, aka “The Madhouse on McDowell” in Phoenix.

Ticket was $17!

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I was at the last Yankees vs Redsox game in the old Yankee stadium before they tore it down. I'm not a sports guy and never thought to save the ticket. Oops haha.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I was a Braves fan so I hated the Yankees but I still wish I would’ve seen a game in NY at the old stadium.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
No ticket stub, but I went to a big concert in Bethel NY in 1969. Even though it was in Bethel, they called it Woodstock. Jimi Hendrix, Sly and the family Stone, Grateful Dead, Santana, CCR, Janis Joplin and lots more. On two week leave from the Navy, and my buddy, who's also in the navy, said want to go to a concert. I said anyone I know playing there?

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
No ticket stub, but I went to a big concert in Bethel NY in 1969. Even though it was in Bethel, they called it Woodstock. Jimi Hendrix, Sly and the family Stone, Grateful Dead, Santana, CCR, Janis Joplin and lots more. On two week leave from the Navy, and my buddy, who's also in the navy, said want to go to a concert. I said anyone I know playing there?
Ha! That’s a great story!!

I've got a couple of cigar boxes full of stuff like that. Inside each box is a child's name, dob, and weight. I bought a box of cigars for each child and kept the box.

When we do something special with good memories, the movie stubs, punched tags, recepts, etc., go in there. My youngest's box has a cherry soda lid from the first bottle of cherry soda we shared together when a wee tot.

Someday, I'll give it to them. They don't even know they exist.

I’m not a judge, but I’d say you won the concert story if this was a contest.

I kept all of mine. Concerts, sporting events, race credentials.
I had them out for my son a few weeks ago.
First concert:
Ted Nugent
Weekend Warriors Tour
Cincinnati 12/08/1978