Cooper 92 Backcountry Recall

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My test target came back a lot worse too. Haven't shot it yet, but did email them about the fact that it wasnt 1/2 MOA. I got no response. Also, the extractor is not grabbing certain brass from the chamber. Coopers response was to have me file the extractor down. Never had a problem before with the old bolt. Pretty pissed with the results and response from them. The true result will come after shooting it. Good luck and keep us posted with your results. I'll do the same.

I’d be pissed with any rifle/company but on a 2500 dollar cooper I’d be outright livid.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
My 300 Win mag shoots just as well as it did before, 1/2 moa with the same loads even though the new test target was not impressive. My 7mag was horrible, Over 2 MOA at 100 with the same factory loads and a few others that I tried that it was shooting 1/2 inch before. Dawn in CS and Andrew the Gunsmith at Cooper were very helpful and had me send it back. It came back three weeks later and I still couldn't get a decent group with the ones it favored before 168 ELDX. It shoots three in to one ragged hole with Barnes 150 TSX now, So I will stick with those since I do not reload. Still loving the Coopers!

Blizzy

FNG
My 300 Win mag shoots just as well as it did before, 1/2 moa with the same loads even though the new test target was not impressive. My 7mag was horrible, Over 2 MOA at 100 with the same factory loads and a few others that I tried that it was shooting 1/2 inch before. Dawn in CS and Andrew the Gunsmith at Cooper were very helpful and had me send it back. It came back three weeks later and I still couldn't get a decent group with the ones it favored before 168 ELDX. It shoots three in to one ragged hole with Barnes 150 TSX now, So I will stick with those since I do not reload. Still loving the Coopers!
Thanks for reply. Love the way my 280ai shoots now(sub 1/2moa) and I don't want to change it! Wish there was a way to know if it wasn't ever going to decock and not have it updated! Or does every early model bolt stand a chance to decock? Otherwise I guess I have no choice and have to send it in, I would hate to get out in field just to not be able to chamber a round ...

treillw

WKR
Thanks for reply. Love the way my 280ai shoots now(sub 1/2moa) and I don't want to change it! Wish there was a way to know if it wasn't ever going to decock and not have it updated! Or does every early model bolt stand a chance to decock? Otherwise I guess I have no choice and have to send it in, I would hate to get out in field just to not be able to chamber a round ...

Mine decocked twice on me. First time I was opening the bolt while standing the rifle in the room corner. The bolt fell open. A little while later I picked the gun up and tried to close the bolt and it wouldn't close. At first I had no idea what was going on. Then I noticed it decocked from the shock of the bolt falling open.

That was at the beginning of last rifle season. I didn't want to send the rifle in during hunting season and decided to take the chance using it and just be careful with it. I carried a small pliers and piece of leather with all season just in case it would happen in the field. I couldn't recock it by only using my fingers.

In the late season I shot an elk and in my rapid bolt cycling to get ready for a follow up shot if needed it decocked on me again. Totally threw me off and again at first I didn't know why it wouldn't close. I thought a shell was jammed and dropped the mag, but then realized it was the shroud. I pulled out the pliers and cranked it back around. Luckily the elk died without a second shot, but it could have used another one.

I would get it fixed if I was you. It was frustrating enough to have it happen on a cow. If it was a big bull or a rare tag, I'd be pretty angry - especially if it got away. Regardless of "status", all animals deserve for things to go as smoothly as possible.

ChrisAU

WKR
Phew looks like I’m clear, will probably call anyways.

k9pl0DL.jpg

Welp, one week into whitetail rifle season in AL and I have a bolt that loves to uncock with anything other than a gentle bolt cycle. It’s been flawless for over 2 years. Calling Monday, sucks though and I’m not happy. By far my #1 setup and it looks like it won’t even be used for most if not all of its 3rd season.