Cooper Laminate Sporter 308

I purchased a new Cooper Model 54 laminate sporter in 308 win. I noticed the muzzle is threaded and shipped with a thread protector. I contacted Cooper and was told that they do not have any muzzle brakes available at this time. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as which break will fit and would be worth buying? I haven’t received the rifle yet, but I am told that it is standard 5/8x24 threaded.

Thanks.

OP
H
Purchased because I have plenty of pretty rifles. I wanted a great rifle that I don’t have to be afraid to hunt hard with. This fits the bill pretty nicely. Don’t care for firearms with cheap plastic stocks. This feels like wood, but should brave the elements better.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I purchased a new Cooper Model 54 laminate sporter in 308 win. I noticed the muzzle is threaded and shipped with a thread protector. I contacted Cooper and was told that they do not have any muzzle brakes available at this time. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as which break will fit and would be worth buying? I haven’t received the rifle yet, but I am told that it is standard 5/8x24 threaded.

Thanks.
I have a ton of Coopers great kind you're going to love it. It's sad what happened. That being said just get the diameter of the barrel it should be pretty easy to find one. I don't think in a 308 I'd really bother with a break though?

txaggie76

FNG

Thanks.
Did you ever get one of this model? I am looking to acquire one myself for the same model.

OP
H
I did not as of yet. Got distracted with ongoing hunting seasons. I did contact the new owners of Cooper. They told me that they didn’t have any muzzle breaks in stock. I haven’t looked into any other breaks yet.

I have a Cooper 52 laminate in 6.5PRC, I put on APA micro bastard and had APA beadblast it, matched perfect. Haven't shot it yet.

Attachments

• 20240303_091915.jpg
    20240303_091915.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 11