Coppertone sunscreen stick.

Mosby

WKR
I have had 6 basil cell spots removed in the last 4 months. Whatever sunblock weighs, it is worth it. Cream works best on your face because you can cover your ears and get into the contours of your face. I had two spots removed from behind my ears. Dr. said around and inside the ears is a neglected area that they work on frequently, fwiw. I now have a great selection of sun block and it goes on before I leave the truck and I always have a tube in my pack. Reapply frequently.

Mosby

WKR
I think the small stick is a great idea. Weighs next to nothing and you don't have to worry about leaking lotion.

Just as an FYI, Neutrogena makes Sensitive Skin products. One benefit to the SS products is they are scent free, which I prefer. I normally put lotion on my face, neck and back of hands before I leave in the morning, to get a base going. This is what I use fwiw.

1556988291547.png

I have had 6 basil cell spots removed in the last 4 months. Whatever sunblock weighs, it is worth it. Cream works best on your face because you can cover your ears and get into the contours of your face. I had two spots removed from behind my ears. Dr. said around and inside the ears is a neglected area that they work on frequently, fwiw. I now have a great selection of sun block and it goes on before I leave the truck and I always have a tube in my pack. Reapply frequently.
Good advice right there! I can feel your pain, as I've had multiple Basils and one Squamous cell removed over the last 15 years or so. I'm sure that stick of sunscreen weighs over an oz. in the packaging, but worth it's wt. in gold for sure.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Good advice right there! I can feel your pain, as I've had multiple Basils and one Squamous cell removed over the last 15 years or so. I'm sure that stick of sunscreen weighs over an oz. in the packaging, but worth it's wt. in gold for sure.

I would bet it weighs close to 2 ounces. This is what I use. It weighs 0.46oz with packaging. Works well and is only slightly bigger then a stick of chapstick.
https://www.gossamergear.com/products/joshua-tree-mini-sun-stick

ChrisAU

WKR
Dang my Neutrogena stick is 1.5 oz...it is wider and SPF 70 though...I'm sitting here laughing because I'm probably going to spend $7 to cut 0.9 oz from my pack :ROFLMAO:

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Live with sunscreen here too much fun in the sun decades ago and as with others a couple of visits to the dermatologist protect yourself👍

K

Kootenay Hunter

I use this in my fishing pack...scrub it on my face, it's thicker more like a soft wax, super light.
0b493ce857f713ea8836753c04aa3bc4.png.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.jpg

ChrisAU

WKR
So a reality check on sunscreen, my 1.5 oz neutrogena stick was actually 2.95 oz. I ordered the smaller kids 70 spf neutrogena stick that says 0.47 oz on it and it is 1.15 oz. The oz on the stick/bottle is the contents, not the overall weight. That’s pretty obvious but I know a lot of people look over that.

OP
E

Elkowalic

FNG
I finally put the copper tone stick on a scale. I had used it once and it weighs 438.2 grains or 1.002 oz.