CoronaVirus & The Gym?

We did CrossFit yesterday. After thinking about it decided we’re breathing hard in a small space with other people; maybe not the best program. Active recovery today then starting Monday I’ll do our programming for equipment we have at home weights, kettlebell, running, xc skiing etc. as fit people I think our odds are good but I’m temporarily suspending my caloric deficit and won’t hammer quite as hard, but we’re gonna keep working out to stay strong.

FLAK

WKR
Cracks me up that people go to the gym to wallow in other peoples fluids.
If I feel I need to exercise just for the sake of exercise, I have some free weights
out back. Otherwise, I'll continue on the outdoor cooking area I'm building, cut
the grass, and its about time to start a garden.
Y'all go ahead.

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
If I feel I need to exercise just for the sake of exercise, I have some free weights
out back. Otherwise, I'll continue on the outdoor cooking area I'm building, cut
Y'all go ahead.

Dad bods and crafts, to each their own. I'll continue to spend 1.5 hrs a day improving physical and mental health at the gym, still grill outside, and continue the garden.

My last day was this past Wednesday, after 5 years of regular attendance. I’m 67 but in good health with no underlying health issues. My mom is 88 and my neighbors are in their 70’s and 80’s, so I’m choosing not to be a vector to others that could be severely impacted. A nice break every once in a while is good for you anyway, let the system reset then hit it hard in a month or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I dont go to a gym but I do train bjj and havent found a way to practice social distancing while training. Its been something I've gone back and forth with. I'm going to keep training until my city gets a positive test, then I'll revisit my decision.

Update...
Whelp... I guess I have to eat my words, as of last night the state shut down all gyms/gym like places...

Last edited:
Y'all go ahead.

10 degrees and snowing sideways.
Come do you're free weights and gardening in that.

Feel free to come cut my still dormant grass to.

Last edited:
We just got limited to 10 or less per class today...I will keep showing up "sanitized for your pleasure" until they shut it down. It's currently the only social/mental distancing I have from my family and is needed.

OP
K

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
I got the email yesterday announcing my gym is closed. So, time for the home workout push.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Yep, I still go every day......sometimes twice a day, just use more wipes and sanitizer. BUT, I have a feeling they are going to close within the next day or so. Ugh......

*zap*

WKR
No cases here and gym is closed....empty parking lot yesterday when I drove past and signs on door.....need to check whats up with that, no e-mail from them.

*zap*

WKR
It was in spam folder......

Due to guidance from the CDC’s 15-day plan, as well as local and state orders and advisories, Genesis Health Clubs will temporarily close all health clubs, effective March 17th. We plan to reopen as soon as possible, following local, state, and national guidance. Members will receive a prorated credit to their accounts for the days we were closed and we hope to announce a reopening date for each market soon.