Costco has 5 lbs propane tanks from Flame King on sale for 50$

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Title says it all. Comes with Overflow protection and gauge already built in these are normally 100$ or more. With all of the Overlanders out there I dont see these lasting very long. I picked up 4 for myself

https://www.costco.com/5-lbs.-steel...valve-&-built-in-gauge.product.100734956.html

Also you can get them on Amazon same price

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes, You can get them all over on Amazon

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Wow, their 5lb'ers are more than their 20lb'ers (I just bought a 20lb'er at Costco a couple months ago for $40). That should mean that their 40lb'ers are cheaper than their 20lb'ers, I could use another one.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
The 5 and 11 lb'ers are classified as specialty items hence the higher price.

Tbuckus

WKR
After reading the reviews, getting them from Costco would be a better idea. Sounds like the gauge has issues.

Mosby

WKR
I just ordered 2 from Costco. Will be handy to have for some trips. Thanks for the heads up.

Do you guys buy a carrying case like the one from Ignik or something similar? Or just throw the bare tank in the vehicle?

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a mount for mine that Im setting up. I stay away from that Ignik stuff. Youd think their stuff was laced with Gold. the prices they are asking lol.

JonS

WKR
I'm going to call AAA Propane in Wheatridge tomorrow a.m. to see what they have and at what cost and what they know about Flame King. Darn good folks there and often have rehab'd off size tanks.

Jon S

Lil-Rokslider
AAA says they sell the flame king as they've taken over the market. They sell new for $70

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
AAA says they sell the flame king as they've taken over the market. They sell new for $70
50$ online =) Yeah Im waiting for the 10lbs tanks to come down in price. Would love to have 2 of those.

Jon S

Lil-Rokslider
They now have one less, thanks James! Been too long, let’s go fling some arrows or have some fun!
Jon

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
They now have one less, thanks James! Been too long, let’s go fling some arrows or have some fun!
Jon
Jon it sure has bro. I would be down for that. I have thought about you over the years and wondered how you been. Glad your still around =)