CostCo Igloo Maxcold 165qt Cooler

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty good cooler for the price. Picked one up last year but I don’t have the dual hatches or dividers. Worked well this past spring from ID to NJ.

JonS

WKR
I keep thinking the top access would be great for quick access, but wonder if it’s as insulated as a solid lid? Anyone got experience they can share?
Thanks

Juan_ID

WKR
I have put off getting one of these igloo coolers for far too long, finally got one. Excited to try it out this fall after reading all the reviews for years!

OP
Karlg

Karlg

FNG
I keep thinking the top access would be great for quick access, but wonder if it’s as insulated as a solid lid? Anyone got experience they can share?
Thanks
I’m currently running a test on mine to see how well it keeps ice. I precooled it with a couple blue ice blocks. Then 6 hours later, I loaded 12 frozen 1 gallon water jugs in it. I have kept it in my truck cap with a wool blanket and a sleeping bag over the ice chest, which is how I will use it in September (minus I’ll have a tarp and towels in there on my actual hunt to take up the dead space).

Temperatures have been about 70° at night and the highs have been between 86°-91°. Today is day 6 and the jugs still have ice left in them. I do get a bit of condensation at the hinge of the quick accesses, so there definitely is some air leaking out. I need to find a way to seal that, either duct tape or maybe silicone it in good.

Overall, pretty damn happy with it for $99!

Update: Day 7 and still have a softball size chunk of ice in the jugs, so I’d say at least one more day of ice. Good enough for me and I need the room in the back of my truck so calling the test complete.

Last edited: