CPW seeks input, allocation of licenses

BuzzH

WKR
The Residents of Colorado should look out for what's best for themselves, their wildlife, and their State.

Non Residents should be happy with what Colorado makes available to them.

tdhanses

WKR
It is opportunity cost, where else can NR go elk hunting every year? They will pay.
Not if you reduce their odds and make it draw only plus reduce available tags, similar to other states.

So you want it to remain OTC and have NR 100% fund your wildlife management, guess I’m not following you, you want to increase the cost of tags and keep it so NR can come every year? I guess that may keep a few people away but in reality it will not decrease pressure.

CoStick

WKR
Not if you reduce their odds and make it draw only plus reduce available tags, similar to other states.

So you want it to remain OTC and have NR 100% fund your wildlife management, guess I’m not following you, you want to increase the cost of tags and keep it so NR can come every year? I guess that may keep a few people away but in reality it will not decrease pressure.
NR fund nowhere near 100%

Ucsdryder

WKR

I believe his point is that there is a giant pool of no residents wanting to hunt Colorado with more jumping in with every YouTube video they watch. If a few decide Colorado is too expensive, then that’s perfectly fine, the increase in tag prices will cover the slightly fewer applicants, and let’s be honest, the hunting isn’t that good now and point creep is out of control. I think you’d be floored by the amount of NR willing to pay a Wyoming type “special” draw for 1000 a pop.

CoStick

WKR
I believe his point is that there is a giant pool of no residents wanting to hunt Colorado with more jumping in with every YouTube video they watch. If a few decide Colorado is too expensive, then that’s perfectly fine, the increase in tag prices will cover the slightly fewer applicants, and let’s be honest, the hunting isn’t that good now and point creep is out of control. I think you’d be floored by the amount of NR willing to pay a Wyoming type “special” draw for 1000 a pop.
Colorado doesn’t need NR revenue and plenty of people will pay more for a better experience. I think you will see higher prices and less access in the near future.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Colorado doesn’t need NR revenue and plenty of people will pay more for a better experience. I think you will see higher prices and less access in the near future.
Been preaching it on here for years. Let’s be honest, they do need the NR revenue. There are just ways to do it so they get both, less pressure and similar revenue.

CoStick

WKR
Been preaching it on here for years. Let’s be honest, they do need the NR revenue. There are just ways to do it so they get both, less pressure and similar revenue.
I don’t think the revenue is needed, too many other ways. The new car registration cost for example. Recreational users are starting to complain with the crowds being too large to safely use the resource in the fall. That will get attention and changes will be made.

tdhanses

WKR
Yeah they for sure can make up for a loss in NR fees, just have to get residents on board to pay more even though in reality they still wouldn’t have to pay much.

tdhanses

WKR
I don’t think the revenue is needed, too many other ways. The new car registration cost for example. Recreational users are starting to complain with the crowds being too large to safely use the resource in the fall. That will get attention and changes will be made.
The recreational users complaining will complain if there is one person out there hunting, they are just fearful they’ll get shot.

In the end CO has to do something, herd numbers are no where what they say.

CoStick

WKR
Didn’t say they did today, but its a substantial number today but if you increase NR fees 2-3 times what they are now they will.
License and tags as a whole are about half of the CPW total revenue stream, there are more sources starting up that will further lessen that as well.

tdhanses

WKR
License and tags as a whole are about half of the CPW total revenue stream, there are more sources starting up that will further lessen that as well.
That’s good, hopefully they spend it well but I doubt it.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I will let the non serious ones coming here to CO know and how much easier it is there, That I do know:)
They haven’t been doing it for years. I seriously doubt they will start. Even with your announcements

CoStick

WKR
They haven’t been doing it for years. I seriously doubt they will start. Even with your announcements
In combination with recent crowding issues and lower success, a couple of pod casts on Wyoming, it isn’t much further and Well worth it. Social media is interesting, be curious how it goes;-)

Also I typically hit WY every 3-4 yrs. Sounds like it is worth a more regular visit. Chance to expand the areas I have hunted.

Last edited:

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
none of this matters one damn bit without a mandatory check in of animals. sure they give you a call and ask but is everyone answering the phone or even being honest for that matter?

how can you determine allocation of a resource if you don’t know your depletion rate?

Poser

WKR
none of this matters one damn bit without a mandatory check in of animals. sure they give you a call and ask but is everyone answering the phone or even being honest for that matter?

how can you determine allocation of a resource if you don’t know your depletion rate?

It’s kind of amazing that they don’t have an app for checking in animals. At this point in time, how many state game agencies DON’T have an app for this purpose?