Crap You've Broken On Ya Huntin Rig

Let's hear the breakage stories on the huntin rigs while in the mountains, mostly because I'm bored and an argument at work got me interested😂

I'd say my worst was shootin 2 sparkplugs out of my Ford 29 miles from phone service. No real stranded breakage though.

What about you Chebby guys, ever snapped that front axle?

mcr-85

WKR
I snapped both rear leaf springs and twisted off the rear driveline on a beefed up suzuki samurai. We wired a couple big end wrenches to the springs to hold them down. We then ran the winch under to a strap on the rear axle to suck it up into place. I didn't have a wrench or socket to fit the bolts on the driveline for some reason so I crawled it back to camp while the broken driveline thumped the bottom the whole way. That was a long night.
8d4e2b0eb711052ee04111bc1702434a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Not mine but a buddy’s Toyota truck, tried pulling another guy out of the ditch and broke the frame above the rear axle. Case of beer, Miller 440 welder, some 8 gauge steel, and hunting was continued. Was a little dog tracked, but not too bad haha

ODB

WKR
Luckily not much. Had the front diff pump out fluid for what turned out to be no reason. I never figured it out.

but I do know a guy in Kenya who fixed a broken leaf spring on a land cruiser with an acacia branch, inner tube, and sisal rope. Made it 300 miles back to civilization from the northern frontier district with room to spare.

Lowg08

WKR
I broke both front 4 wheel drive axles on a 92 toyota pick up and two motors in the same season between September and December. First and last Toyota.

pulled the door around on an 03 f150

front 4wd driveshaft u joint on a 79 Chevy.

I think that is all

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I broke both front 4 wheel drive axles on a 92 toyota pick up and two motors in the same season between September and December. First and last Toyota.

pulled the door around on an 03 f150

front 4wd driveshaft u joint on a 79 Chevy.

I think that is all
You sound like someone I'd never lend a vehicle to😂

🍻🍻

Button

WKR
Driving to fast down the beach in the dark to duck hunt the bay. Came over a shell pile and grinded a 40’-50’ tree that washed up with my truck. When I got to the base where the main root nubs were one blew out my rear passenger tire and smashed the rim. Hunks of tree when flying. I had wood chunks embedded in my truck. The entire tree had a gouge out of it. I’m not sure how I got out of that with just a tire and rim and not a totaled truck. Just the right angle and pitch to grind that tree like a skateboard.

hodgeman

WKR
I had a battery tie down corrode through on a CJ5. Some "spirited" driving down a fire service road launched the battery into the distributor cap. The cap and rotor ended up in a bunch of pieces.

That stopped it dead in its tracks.

That's the only time I broke a rig...now trailers, yeah...I've broken a few of them.

2005 Ranger FX4 Level 2: Torsen LSD, CV joint, then all the brakes getting towed home. Also killed a set of Rancho RS9000 on their first trip out. Had the truck for less than 10k.

1st gen Tacomas: Filled an alternator with sand, made it back to town though. Broke two LBJ, those are a no go with any decent sized tire. One leaf spring but an airbag bracket was at fault. Had nine hounds and the dog box in at the time too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Broke the rear wing window on a 1998 4runner. Locked my keys in it and that seemed the cheapest to break.
Been there in my old T100, with the engine running. Last time I’ll forget to zip tie a spare key somewhere on the frame.

Button

WKR
I got my 66’ Bel air stuck on the beach. Dude I’m a jeep pulled me out. I didn’t catch anything sharks that day. But plenty of whiting.