Crazy Used ATV Prices-Is This Regional or Everywhere?

Don't worry, not another "what ATV should I buy" or quad vs. SXS thread.

I've been casually looking for a quad, and haven't seen anything in the realm of what I would deem a good deal, or even reasonable. I'm in western WA, and after wading through the scams, the guys with no titles, and other trash, the majority of what I'm seeing are 15-20 year old machines in the 4-5K realm.

Is this the new norm, and is this everywhere?

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Michigan seems worse, prices even higher for half worn out dirty machines

I bought a 350 4x4 rancher back at the beginning of summer from the original owner for $1500. Still has the original tires, all service records and sales receipt from the dealer.

You just have to be patient and eventually you’ll hit it, but you better be ready to ride with cash in hand. I have noticed prices in my area have been on the decline for the last year or so.

I bought a 350 4x4 rancher back at the beginning of summer from the original owner for $1500. Still has the original tires, all service records and sales receipt from the dealer.

You just have to be patient and eventually you’ll hit it, but you better be ready to ride with cash in hand. I have noticed prices in my area have been on the decline for the last year or so.
Weird, so did I
2004 for $1400
Thought it was a steal
Boring machine, but as reliable as the sun

OP
DenimChicken

Where did you find it for sale? Craigslist, FB Marketplace, friend of a friend, etc...?
I'm starting to see the prices of toys by me going down, a house is a necessity, toys are discretionary and take the hit first.
The past few years have been interesting. I'm not sure if the current ATV prices are symptom of the semiconductor shortage, a sympathetic response to seeing car prices through the roof, general inflation, or some combination of all.
Do your due diligence and buy exactly what you want new for a fair value from a dealer with superior service.
I thought about that for about half a second, but even buying one of the cheaper quads on the market will put me over 10K real quick. I don't want one that bad. I want to give a guy a couple grand and get something to put around on in the woods.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
Im in Ohio and a neighbor guy flips them. Usually Less than 10 years old pretty clean and a title. No junk. He always has a 4x4 for 4-5 grand. He also likes those Honda Recon 250, which are 2wd, for about 3 grand.

What brand/model quad are you looking for? Banshee’s I believe will always command a high price, not familiar with the other popular quads, maybe Honda TRX?

OP
DenimChicken
What brand/model quad are you looking for? Banshee’s I believe will always command a high price, not familiar with the other popular quads, maybe Honda TRX?
Not brand specific. All of them seem to be pretty high. Looking for a utility 4x4, not sport quad.

dhatter9

FNG
Alaska has been terrible for the used market since 2020. I got so fed up with trying to find a decently priced used machine I ended up buying a 2023 Honda rancher from the dealer.

Know a like new Honda foreman for 5,800 in central Montana. Coworker has it and I don’t think it has ever left town. I picked up a rancher for $2,000 with 2700 miles and a plow seemed like a fair shake

OP
DenimChicken
Know a like new Honda foreman for 5,800 in central Montana. Coworker has it and I don’t think it has ever left town. I picked up a rancher for $2,000 with 2700 miles and a plow seemed like a fair shake
I hear of other people getting deals like this, but haven't stumbled across any yet. Typically seems to be smaller town, word of mouth stuff. I'll keep looking, but there seem to be quite a few other guys who are seeing the same thing with crazy prices.