Creative Outdoors Slik Sling Rifle Carrier Review, By Jared Bloomgren

ElCapitan

FNG
I would like to send to one of or a few of your archery hunters a new product that is about to hit the market. How would I go about getting in contact with someone for that? Thank you very much. Armando 505-550-9085

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Jared, I've been looking at this sling for a rifle carry option for my Seek Outside Goshawk for several weeks now, and this review confirms what I've been thinking. Looks like the lightweight ticket I've been looking for.

I used this sling for late season elk and antelope hunting. It worked great. I hate carrying a rifle with a traditional shoulder sling. I feel like I spend have my time fighting the rifle slipping off my shoulder. I did not have that issue with the Slik Sling. It was easy to mount to my pack and simple to get the rifle on and off. After practicing for a few minutes it wasn't significantly slower to get to my rifle than a traditional sling. Using the Slik Sling I felt I could hike farther and more efficiently.

I also live near where Josh makes these. I ordered in the morning and Josh hand delivered and showed me how to set everything up that afternoon. You can't beat that. I also have the Montana Bow Sling and its just as great of a product. I will be using 2 different packs this next season so I will be ordering another Slik Sling.

If not using a bipod this system seems like the best between SG and gun bearer. Better than SG because you can put the gun on pack without having to take your pack off. Better than the gun bearer because the gun is not in front of you the whole time. I use a bipod so will probably just keep using the SG one I have