Crispi boot for September bow hunting

Idaboy

WKR
Unfamiliar with those models of Crispi....agree with what others have said, if you've used in hunting conditions in the past and done well you'll be fine.....Oct Idaho? Just be ready for snow....I run the Crispi Guides NI, but I like a heavier sole, on my 3rd season and holding up. But if you feel Crispi works for you and want something heavier the Guides are pretty good, not quite as beefy as the Kenetrek extremes, but close....BTW Danner sucks for mountains, shredded a pair of pronghorns in a weekend hunt a few years back

Skeezer69

FNG
I recently checked out the Mesa’s. They are awesome if you are okay with a 6” boot!

T-town

FNG
I’m breaking in a pair of Lapponias right now for this September. Only have about 20 miles on them but so far a great boot IMO. They sure are light on the feet. I plan to wear them to any state out west if I have a tags.

Jimss

WKR
Weight and boot height are important to me. I don't like tall, stiff boots and prefer mid-height boots. I have strong ankles so don't need the added support of tall boots.

I hunt Colorado, Wyoming, and Alaska on a regular basis. Everything from pronghorn in Wyo to dall sheep in Alaska. The lighter the boot the better for me. One reason I prefer mid-height boots is to keep cheatgrass and other stickers out of my socks and boots. They also protect against cactus. Although I have strong ankles mid-height boots offer a little more support on steep, rocky terrain. It's a lot easier to side-hill.

You will likely find that tall, stiff, heavy boots with thick soles are nearly impossible to stalk game quietly! I absolutely hate boots similar to Kennetrek Mtn Extremes!

I love Crispis! I have multiple styles and models. One of my favorites is the Thors. My guess is both Thors and Lapponas would be great in New Mexico for elk. One thing about elk hunting is that you need to cover lots and lots of country. To me, boot weight and flex is super important for covering miles of country.

It's also important for me to have super padding and support on the bottom of my boots in rocky terrain. I gut the insoles on my boots and replace them with padded insoles. I also wear socks with additional padding in the bottoms of the socks. There are actually thin socks for warm weather hunting that have additional padding in the soles.

Going to bow hunt New Mexico Elk in September (first time Elk hunting). I have a pair of Crispi Lapponia (2 yrs old) and Altitude (new). Also have a pair of Danner Pronghorns but they are not that comfortable.
Has anyone wore either of these Crispi's in New Mexico?
Tried on a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extreme uninsulated and they felt great but didn't pull the trigger. I'm thinking the Crispi's should cover me during this hunt. Any recommendations appreciated.
I did a huge boot testing this spring to find the best boot I could. The Crispi Lapponia would be perfect for what you’re doing as long as you like the fit. I wanted to like the boot but just couldn’t pull the trigger. The mountain extremes were my favorite fit (although I went with the Schnees Beartooth). I tried like every Crispi boot, a couple of Zamberlans, kenetreks, some cheaper boots, and then the Schnees. The only reason I went with the Schnees was the price. I think I caught em on sale but I paid $100 less for those than I would have for the Kenetreks. Boots are so different person to person though I would recommend trying on your options well before your hunt. Any of the “top brands” will do. Just gotta find the ones that feel the best for you.

sdboyle73

FNG
I have two pairs of the Laponias and they work flawlessly. I put on gators for wet days or days I know I’ll be crossing lots of creeks.