Crispi Briksdal vs Nevada Legend GTX

Chad717

FNG
I have had the Nevada legends for a couple years but was wanting to try the briksdal, are these going to be noticeably stiffer? I didn’t like the Lowa boots for that reason of being too stiff.

Have the Briksdal's, but have never tried Nevada's. The Briks aren't too bad as far as "stiffness" goes.

Not much help I'm afraid.

Have both. Got the Nevadas off Rokslide and seem to be broken in about as much as my Briksdals which are fairly new but leather has definitely broken in and boot inner has formed somewhat. So my opinion FWIW

Nevadas are flexible, full stop, definitely less stiff than a Camino and noticeably less stiff than a Briksdal.

The Briksdal will be intimidatingly stiff when you first give it a go and assuming you’ll just throw them on at your house once you received them, you will think they’re super stiff which isn’t a fair assessment I think.

Once you get in the mountains with the Briksdal and going up a somewhat steep and uneven surface they will shine. They will feel much more flexible than they did initially. I only mention this cause if you’ve never gone with a stiff boot, they can feel stiff but the terrain you’re on makes them feel much more flexible while a less stiff boot like the Nevada is already flexible and most uneven snd steep terrain isn’t going to make the boot feel significantly more flexible, unless you’re side hilling, which I have not done in the Nevadas but I assume Id notice it.

I have had the Nevada legends for a couple years but was wanting to try the briksdal, are these going to be noticeably stiffer? I didn’t like the Lowa boots for that reason of being too stiff.
I have the newer Briksdale MTN GTX, absolutely in love with them after a summer of hiking/training. the lighter weight synthetic uppers with the 3/4 flex is perfect. fit like a technical slipper and Ive found the the slightly stiffer footbed springs forward in my stride and reduces overall fatigue in the calves.

n8saki

FNG
Running the Briksdal MTN SF, best boot I've owned so far. Perfect for slopes, side hilling etc.

OP
C

Chad717

FNG
So I got the Briksdal pro gtx last week and took them for about a half mile walk and they were the most miserable pair of boots I’ve ever worn. I know they will break in and get somewhat better but it wasn’t worth the risk so I sent them back for the proven Nevadas that I have always had. Everyone’s feet are different and I have a wider foot. I ordered 11.5EE

Tagged.

Take this with a grain of salt as this is my first time ever buying a mountain boot being a flatlander from Texas.

I recently tried the Briksdale, Guid GTX and Kennetrek Mountain Guides.

The Briksdale was super stiff, to the point of being uncomfortable for me.

The Guide in both makers was much more comfortable with the nod going to the Kennetrek for me due to the higher arch support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro