Crispi Colorado or Schnee's Timberline?

Trying to decide which would be better for a Colorado backpack archery elk hunt. I've been using my Danner ICH for years in training but looking for a better alternative.

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Obviously, a lot depends on your preferences. If it were me I would be looking at the Nevada and Beartooth in those brands. Of the two you listed I don’t know. When I’m buying expensive boots I lean pretty strongly towards full leather, so the Colorado is out. Then the question is whether the Timberline is stiff enough. Beartooth is perfect, for me, so probably not.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
My Colorado’s have held up great over the past year, numerous creek crossing and a lot of elevation gain/loss. I know all feet are different but they really are great boot, very comfortable, never rolled my ankle. They breathe well with the proper sock. They are very light as well, you’ll forget you’re wearing a boot. I noticed the balls of my feet have some tiredness after a long day, so I just recently just swapped out the insoles for some synergy’s from Lathrop and Sons. Now I feel they are the perfect boot for my uses. I’ve also had a couple treks through some deep snow and my feet never got cold or wet with a pair of good gaiters. Leather definitely has its place, and maybe in the future I’ll pick up some Nevada’s or Brikstals, but for now I have no complaints for the Colorado’s, just like you I wanted a boot for early season and these fill that need and more.

Been putting the Colorados through the paces here lately and I'm really liking them. No complaints other than the insole. Replaced with Sole active thick insoles and its awesome

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Trying to decide which would be better for a Colorado backpack archery elk hunt. I've been using my Danner ICH for years in training but looking for a better alternative.

If I can help out or answer any questions, let me know! Besides making our own boots, we also sell Crispi, Lowa, Scarpa, etc..

- Matt

Picked up the Timberlines last year after searching for a middle-of-the-road between my old favorite Danner Jackals and my Lowa Tibets. Toe box is nice and roomy, locks your heel in good, tall enough to keep debris out.

Packed 3 deer out with them about a month after picking them up with almost 0 break-in before hand and had no major complaints at all. My one minor complaint -- you could have told me they came without an insole and I would have believed it. I will absolutely be upgrading those this year, as the ones that came with the boot don't provide anything at all for cushioning.

I've got about 50 miles on them now and forget they're on my feet for the most part.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
For me its the Schnee's Timberline! Hands down the better boot for my foot; in fact I will probably never buy another boot to wear for hunting. I am 155 pounds and the flex 1 is perfect for me. I bought these boots last year for my Montana mountain goat hunt, and I used them on a friends mountain goat hunt in October. They kept my feet completely dry and warm as long as I wasn't sitting to long in the snow. Additionally, I used them to pack out a mule deer buck and a cow elk.