Crispi Colorado vs Summit vs Wyoming?

Wanting to pick up a pair of lighter hiking boots and I've got my eye on these 3 boots. (I have a pair of cripis guides that I love and they fit my feet great, so hoping to stay with that brand). I'm having a hard time deciding between them..

Summit: Flex rating of 3 (same as the Guides I'm used to wearing, and they're plenty stiff), but no ABSS.. I'm not sure how big of a real-world difference that makes, or if its just a marketing thing. 1.5#

Colorado: Flex rating of 4, so stiffer than the Summit (again, not sure how much real-world difference there is). Has the ABSS, and only 1.6# so not much different - just nervous about the stiffness..

Wyoming: Flex rating of 3 and the ABSS, but 1.95# sounds plenty heavy for an early season hiking boot.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have 2 pairs of summits and had one pair of colorados. The colorados were a half size to small but i thought the extra stiffness was noticable, espeacially waking on flatter ground cause ot was a lottle weird feeling. Loved my summits for everything

Finishing up breaking in my new summits and insoles now and I'm really liking them. My first pair of Crispi's. Have a pair of lowa hunters which would be probably a stiffness 5 so was looking for something light and more flexible. I think the 3 is just right where it feels substantial enough to do some real work but flexible enough to be plenty comfortable. For the use I bought them for, I wouldn't want them any stiffer. Never used a model with the abss so can't comment on that

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

mmac

WKR
I have the Nevada (I think that is what they are) and then wanted something lighter and the Wyoming was perfect. I like the ankle support and comfort so worth a little there to me. Flex and fit the same as well.

longtail

FNG
My vote would be for Colorados but order a half size bigger than normal. Also have the Valdres and they fit my normal size. I would recommend an insole also. But what you should probably do is buy all 3 and also a half dozen different insoles and wear them around the house and the find the ones that fit best. Also think about your socks. Rather have enough room for a liner and a thick sock vs wearing insulated boots.

Kotaman

WKR
For what reason(s)?

And are they noticeably stiffer than the other two?
Quite simply, they’re more comfortable. I’ve actually owned just about every offering from Crispi and the Summit and Wyoming are my two least favorite. Colorado and Nevada fit me like a glove and are like wearing sneakers. No, not noticeably stiffer than the other two.

Jakerex

WKR
I have the Nevada (I think that is what they are) and then wanted something lighter and the Wyoming was perfect. I like the ankle support and comfort so worth a little there to me. Flex and fit the same as well.

I was told by a crispi rep that the Nevada and Wyoming are the same boots but one has a synthetic upper and the other leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Thor and Colorado. Had 2 pairs of summits. The Colorados don’t seem like a flex 4 to me in comparison to the thors that are also listed as a 4. The colorados feel closer to the summit at 3 than the Thor at 4.

The Colorado is my all around boot that I wear into mid and late season. I wear the thors whenever I can, but the colorados cover more bases.

I know you want to stick with Crispi, but the hanwag makra treks and zamberlan Sierra 700s are in that range as well.

In my opinion the guides and the summits don’t fit the same. I have a pair of nevadas that is the same boot as guide just shorter and when I tried on the summit it was both narrower and shorter for the same size as my nevadas. I didn’t like the feel of the summit at all it almost had a waking on ice skates feeling with how much narrower it was.