Crispi Dakota and Lapponia

Bowtech1

Lil-Rokslider
Would like to hear from anybody with experience with the Dakota and or Lapponias. How do the dakotas compare to the Nevada or Idaho as far as fit goes? Thank you.

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Dakotas last week. So far they're super comfortable. I cannot compare to fit vs the other boots as this is my first pair of Crispi's but I can keep you informed of any issues I may encounter. I only have about 15 miles in them so far, but I have zero complaints. They are 10X more comfortable than the boots I work in.

Benjblt

WKR
I have the Dakotas and they're great. I can't compare them to other Crispi boots much. I know they are lighter than the Nevada's. I did try on the Idaho's and Wyomings and I think the Dakotas might be a little more forgiving if you have a weird foot shape but feet are so different it depends on the person. The Wyoming and Idaho are noticeably more breathable, even wearing them around the house. I think the brush may have a greater propensity to beat up that cordura than the leather so I would guess the Dakotas have an edge in durability/longevity. To me. . it's all about fit. I had a little heal rubbing in the Dakota but once I learned to lock the heal in with the lacing system I had absolutely zero issues with the rubbing.

chindits

WKR
Please keep us informed on how the boots durability goes. The webbing used mid boot from foot to ankle transition on the lacing system causes me concern. I have never had webbing used for lacing points last much more than a year without fraying. I am also curious about the durability of the leather rand.

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I generally like a wider toe box boot, and these have definitely fit the bill. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
I cant wait to get my hands on these boots Friday!!! Just in time for the season opener!

I just got a pair of Dakotas in the mail. Size 13w. I normally wear Solomon quests but also have a pair of Nevadas. Initial impressions were good, nice looking boot and was really happy when I slid my foot in there. Plenty of room in the toes and a nice heel pocket. Felt really good after I tightened up the laces in all the right places. Walked around outside about a mile on sidewalk, feel good. just have to get on the side of a mountain and see what they can do before a final conclusion can be drawn. They are much sturdier feeling that the solomons, yet more nimble than the Nevadas. My nevadas are an older pair and just never felt at home on my feet while hunting. Too heavy and dead feeling and fit was just off enough to where I didn't want to do miles with a pack wearing them. But they made on hell of a pair of work boots. all most 3 1/2 years of daily wear. the tread is gone and the rand is flopping in the wind but the leather is still solid. after a hunt or too Ill do a write up on the dakotas.