Crispi fit compared to saloman or danner

lmeyer

WKR
How does crispi boots fit versus salomon or danners? Looking at getting a pair but nowhere local to try them out. Salomons run to narrow on me and danners are about right.

Kzceh

FNG
I am looking for the same info. I wear a 9.5 in newer style Salomon X ultra and trail runners but closer to 9 in the Quest 4D.

Last edited:
Solomons are a bit smaller for me. I wear 14 in xa pro. 13 has been great with Crispi. I generally wear 13 FYI but doesn’t quite work for me with Solomon. Also 13 w Danners but I was right on the edge. Some worked at 13 and some didn’t.

mdtennant

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for the same info. I wear a 9.5 in newer style Salomon X ultra and trail runners but closer to 9 in the Quest 4D.
Curious... what do you consider your standard shoe size, as a reference?

I went 1.5 sizes higher than my standard size on a pair of LaSportiva Nucleo's and they fit with some stretching [width], but they are known for a super narrow toe box. Was looking into Crispi's, but would hate to invest in the wrong size.

mdtennant

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, that's helpful. I wear an 8 wide in most shoes with no issue and was thinking that based on the sizing posted on the Salomon website that I'd be OK in an 8 with the Quest 4D's... however, they are just a tad to tight and short for me to even try to persuade. So, a half size up for me would work on the Quest.

Would like to know how that translates to Cripis, though.

Which crispi?
It's not that simple.
Anyone thr Nevada last, guides basically all the full leather boots are higher volume then a Danner quarry or rainforest. Length wise order Danner size.

The Cordura line. Wyoming, Idaho about the same. Length Danner size.

Birksdal are slightly narrower in forefoot, toes. Id go same or half size bigger.

Sadler

WKR
I wear 9.5 in the quest 4dx? Gtx? A 9.5 in danger ft Lewis boots and I just got a pair of 9.5 crispi wild rock and they fit a little bit loser, but not enough to bother me.

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
I think it’s going to vary from model to model. I wear a 10 in danners (pronghorn and snake boots) and just bought my first crispi boot (Colorado). They fit me perfectly, but i tried the summit and the Dakota as well. The Dakota was much smaller and I would have needed a 10.5. The summit was bigger and my foot slid around too much. You’re likely going to have to try a couple different ones on. I ordered from black ovis and returned the ones that didn’t fit.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I went from Danner pronghorn (13) to Crispi Wyoming (12.5). Pronghorns were sloppy though and probably needed a 12.5 but they didn't exist anywhere at the time.

prm

WKR
I wear the same size Crispi (Colorado and Guide GTX) and Salomon Quest. Crispi feels a tiny bit smaller.

Edit: I went back and tried on some boots and will revise my statement to say the Salomon is a tiny bit more snug on my feet vs. the Crispis. Though both are much larger than the Salewa Repace.

Last edited:

Block

WKR
Salomon are all over the map... never seen boots from the same company fit SO completely different.. the GTX vs the mids or shortys are Over a FULL SIZE difference... very comfy boots.,, NOT SO durable to say the least...

AZ8

WKR
My Crispi Dakota‘s WERE true to my size 10. Either my feet have changed or the boots, but every hike now has my toes crushing into the toe box. :( I can’t go more than a mile before I gotta cut bait and head back to the truck and switch to my backup boots.

After years of wearing hunting boots, I’ve come to the conclusion my mid-hiker Merrell are my best hunting boot! I can hunt/hike/walk till the cows come home and I have no discomfort. I’m done wasting money on “hunting specific” boots.

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
I found Crispi fit true to size, however each one I tried fit my foot different in terms of width and toe box. None of them were comfortable enough out of the box on my foot and I ended up with Kuiu Scarpa, I suggest you order a few different styles and brands and see which suits your foot the best.

Kzceh

FNG
Curious... what do you consider your standard shoe size, as a reference?

I went 1.5 sizes higher than my standard size on a pair of LaSportiva Nucleo's and they fit with some stretching [width], but they are known for a super narrow toe box. Was looking into Crispi's, but would hate to invest in the wrong size.
Probably 9. I would say 15-20 years ago it was more like 8.5 when “basic/standard” shoes were higher quality. I am 55 so I don’t think my feet have grown any over that time.

My suggestion is to measure your foot to determine sizing (stand on paper and mark method), then trust the boot maker's sizing.

My experience with Crispi is that they fit true to size, just the same as Salomon and Danner. Nike and Salomon have reputations as being a true to size standard.

FWIW, my Crispis have a roomier than typical toe box. Many others will tell you the same.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that's helpful. I wear an 8 wide in most shoes with no issue and was thinking that based on the sizing posted on the Salomon website that I'd be OK in an 8 with the Quest 4D's... however, they are just a tad to tight and short for me to even try to persuade. So, a half size up for me would work on the Quest.

Would like to know how that translates to Cripis, though.
If you wear a sz 8, be prepared to find out that a std width Crispi sz 8 will fit best and sz 8 wide will likely be too wide. Because of the toe box space, Crispi std width works great for a wider foot.