Crossfit specific shoes

Ian

Lil-Rokslider
I love the NB minimus, and I used to religiously wear boots at all times until starting crossfit, however the first time coming down a rope I ripped a couple of the buttons off of my fairly new NB's. I transitioned to the Nano 2, and like them enough for all around, pretty durable, but more roomy in the toe box for my liking. rocking a new pair of minimus now daily, I wish they didn't cost a $100 though. Used five fingers for awhile, and do like them, but just a little too little sole on the ones I had. At Kandahar Crossfit all our running was in the rocks, and taking a pointy rock to the heel, or ball of the foot lasted for a couple days.

on the oly lifters, I borrowed a pair one day, and set new PR's, both snatch, and clean. Still don't own a pair though.

on the oly lifters, I borrowed a pair one day, and set new PR's, both snatch, and clean. Still don't own a pair though.

Ian should really invest in the oly lifters soon... he is a total stud as it is without them... but the nice elevated heel would make him almost half an inch taller. hahahah

I love my nano 2s, i have heard the new 5s are a lot like them as far as room goes. Oly lifters are a must for any serious lifting... if you wonder if they help... look at EVERY single oly lifter int he world and see how many are not wearing them.

Ian

Lil-Rokslider
Haha, that half inch thing is the reason I always used to wear boots.

OP
ethan

ethan

WKR
I went with the nano 4's. I really like them and only intended wearing them at the box but I find myself wearing them more and more. I hear a lot of people say they suck for running. The farthest we've run at the box has been 800 meters, and i've done some longer day hikes in them but so far I don't anticipate any problems running in them. Anyone have any issues running in nano's?

Ian

Lil-Rokslider
All I've done for running in the nano's is Wods as well, so a couple miles for Murph. Didn't have any issues though, just tired.

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I've used Nano 3's and am using Nano 4's. I have a set of Nano 5's in reserve when I get sick of and/or tired of the 4's. I like the idea of the lifter shoes and a few of the guys are using them for lifting days. I carry a pair of Brooks PureFlows at all times for the days that we are going to do a lot of running. The Brooks aren't much good for lifting as there is limited support. I like the 4's and am afraid to try the 5's as I think I will be ready to put the 4's in scrap pile based on the feedback I have heard.

I hear good things about the Metcons and my understanding is that the Nano 5's are supposed to be Reebok's answer.

I don't look to see what the WOD is ahead of time otherwise I could probably grab the pair I wanted to wear ahead of time if I needed something different. Hard to have a pair of shoes that meets all the needs that arise in Crossfit.

john_tn

FNG
Ethan just reading through the comments and saw you go to mayhem... I go to the 7:15 class there.

OP
ethan

ethan

WKR
No kidding! I usually go to the 4:45. You live cookeville?

OP
ethan

ethan

WKR
I live right outside of Fall Creek Falls, but work in Cookeville. I've been going since about January of this year. I actually enjoy it much more than I expected. Going on any big hunts this year?

john_tn

FNG
I live right outside of Fall Creek Falls, but work in Cookeville. I've been going since about January of this year. I actually enjoy it much more than I expected. Going on any big hunts this year?
Going to southwestern Colorado August 28th for elk. Went on my first trip out there last year. We were all in elk, had a bull 30 yards from me bugling in thick woods but never got a shot opportunity. What about you?

OP
ethan

ethan

WKR
Oregon in September, can't wait. Didn't make it last year, year before last hunted with some buddies in Northern Utah.