Custom Arrow builder?

Tradchef

WKR
Roll your own. I started doing that almost 30 years ago and it’s worth it. Get the gear and it’ll pay for itself in no time. Nothing wrong with ordering them but it’s nice to figure out stuff on your own and always be able to repair them at ya house when you blow a nock or vanes off instead of running them to the shop.

Steve1662

FNG
+1 for Black Ovis. I use an AZ EZ Fletch to fix those I damage. Couldn't justify the price of the saw and square when my local shop only charges a dollar to cut and square an arrow.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
Another option is to buy bare shafts and Quikfletch's and boil them. Before buying my own jigs and doing my own this is what I was doing. They offer NAP Quikspins in a crossbow fletch that is 3" and low profile, IMO those are some of the best vanes ever made but that is the only place you can find them, they don't offer just the vanes for self-fletching.

I used these for years on both 5mm and 4mm shafts with zero issues and honestly, they flew just as well as the custom arrows I build now. The only difference is that they are only offered in 3 colors, green/white, yellow/white, orange/white so if you like any of those combos your set. Durability is great, the only issue I ever had was when shooting 4mm shafts through 3D targets they can get torn up. I always kept my eyes out for good deals and bought them for cheap so it was super cheap and easy to replace the fletchings. Also, there is zero residues or mess on the arrow when removing damaged ones so you can reflect a whole arrow in just a couple of minutes and be ready to shoot. My hunting partner buys pre-cut ICS Hunters for cheap and uses the Quikfletch vanes, he's been using them for years and kills piles of critters, he just doesn't really care about having pretty arrows. Honestly he has killed as much or more with his $80/dozen ICS blems than I've killed with the $300+/Dozen custom arrows I build. I really enjoy building arrows and like cool arrows but they are 100% not necessary for being a constant killer or accurate archery. A dozen Axis shafts with quikfletch/quikspins will fly as good as any arrow out there.

Luked

WKR
I build all my own. from bare shaft to finished arrow.
Gives me a lot more freedom to try things with weight etc.
Been doing it for years

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I just started “rolling my own” early last fall. I had a really, really bad experience at an archery shop and it was the kick in the behind I needed to really start learning how to do all my own bow work.

The arrows I had done by the shop were just terrible - nothing was square, every shaft was fletched differently compared to the spine alignment, and I had vanes just start falling off after a few shots. Between that and the big scratches he put in the limbs of my brand new bow I was done with shops.

Went out and got all the stuff I needed to start building my own and have really enjoyed it. Now I really don’t care if I slice/tear a vane, I just fix it when I get home. It’s been nice being able to tinker with different arrow lengths, swap out inserts/weights, and figure out what shoots the best.