Custom Rifle Builder?

GA Precision and Accurate ordnance are two builders I have used. I find buying all the parts yourself is a great way to go. Accurate ordnance has top notch customer service and will take the time to answer any and every question you have. Mark is outstandingly patient and knowledgeable.

Long rifles inc is another builder I would use if I was having a rifle built of a rem 700 action.

deadwolf

WKR
Blue mountain precision
Lane precision rifles
Short action customs
Area 419 Firearms
Longrifles inc
RBros rifles
DMR in Las Vegas
Jon Beanland

The list is likely endless...but those are some great ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
Jon Beanland of Beanland Custom Rifles in Oklahoma. His fit and finish are second to none.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I'm having one built by Alamo Precision, and would give serious consideration to Ryan Pierce @Piercisionrifles (especially for a 28 Nosler)

LaHunter

WKR
Alamo Precision in the Dallas area built a 223 for me on a M700 action. The rifle is extremely accurate and the fit and Cerakote finish is excellent.
Communication was great and the build time was about 3-4 weeks after I sent them all the parts.
If/when I get another one built, I will likely get them to do it.

wildcat33

WKR
Since you mention using a rem 700 I would say go LRI. They are the modern master of 700 action customizing/blueprinting.

That said I wouldn’t use a rem action. Too many other good choices. Such as bighorn or lone peak.

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
The options are really unlimited. Many great smiths available today. To help narrow down your options ask yourself how many people you want touching your rifle?

Also I agree with the above statement. Unless you have Remington action that’s sentimental in some form I’d highly recommend going the custom action route. I use Bighorns

ofl0926

WKR
You have a sponsor on here who builds rifles. Hells Canyon Armory. The owner is Mike and he is great person to deal with. Lots of options. Check him out. I’m having my 6.5 PRC built by him and he has been amazing to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second the above. I have one of Lex’s (Rifles Inc) rifles in 280. I’ve owned that rifle over 20 years and it’s been back once for re-barrel/re-coat/re-paint because it’s been used so hard. It’s accurate, it weighs around 5lbs with the scope and it’s going elk hunting this fall. Lex’s rifles aren’t cheap, but then I haven’t spent $ chasing a new rifle every 3 years either.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Since you mention using a rem 700 I would say go LRI. They are the modern master of 700 action customizing/blueprinting.

This, and their turnaround times are phenomenal.

I went local for my first build and got burned with an 8 month wait. Went with LRI after that and am 100% satisfied.

gbflyer

WKR
Aren’t LRI the ones who charge like $800 for a bedding job? Just wondering what makes them so good?

wildcat33

WKR
Aren’t LRI the ones who charge like $800 for a bedding job? Just wondering what makes them so good?

They charge 800 because they inlet a flat top stock to your barreled action. So the fit is perfect. The "bedding" cost is more, but the stock is less because its an unpainted flat top. Also have to add in the cost of painting. LRI will not build a complete rifle for you unless they do it this way. Its expensive. They dont care about being the cheapest.

The route I went with them was to have them assemble and cerakote a barreled action. Then I had a local smith bed it into a stock. They have off-the-shelf 700 actions blueprinted and ready to go. You could get a barreled action from them in a week.