Cuz llamas bite nuts

bsnedeker

WKR
So how does one charge this thing while on a 10 day hunt?

We had a genny back at base camp. I've got a Rambo and they make a solar charger for it that costs 900 bucks. I would imagine it takes a couple of sunny days to fully charge from the sun, but that's just a guess...the thing is nearly 10 feet long when unfolded so maybe it's much faster?

tdot

WKR
We had a genny back at base camp. I've got a Rambo and they make a solar charger for it that costs 900 bucks. I would imagine it takes a couple of sunny days to fully charge from the sun, but that's just a guess...the thing is nearly 10 feet long when unfolded so maybe it's much faster?

That solar panel is a fairly inefficient panel. If you really wanted a panel to charge your battery, it would be worth it to invest in a decent panel and a charge controller. It'd still likely be less then $900.

I also researched using some tiny hydro generators and a charge controller. As we have more water then sun in BC. Even running 24hours a day, It'd take a couple days to charge my battery (52v/21Ah)

In the end, I bought a 2nd battery and fabricated an extension cord so it can mount to either my front or rear rack. Lighter, cheaper, less space and way more convenient. I now have 90 mile range @ 25mph, close to 200+ miles @ 15mph.