Cuz llamas bite nuts

I saw the load capacity was 300 pounds but didn't see the towing capacity listed. Any idea what the max weight it can tow is with the trailer you have?

Get one of the CO2 inflators. Way easier and a fraction of the size of the pump. Plus, if you unseat the tire from the rim, you may not get it to inflate with just a pump. You often need a burst of air to get the tire to set the bead against the rim.

Didn't realize these used tubeless tires, not a bad idea to carry the CO2 inflator, should be able to reduce weight that way too.

Lawnboi

WKR
Your not seating that fat of a tire with a co2 cartridge. Bring a tube or 2 with and a hand pump, or for those tires a bunch of co2. I know on my now normal size 2.4” tires I need at least 2 of the big ones to get me rolling again. And that’s with a tube in. Hand pumps take forever but have always gotten me moving again.

Some guys are running tire plugs as well but I haven’t investigated that option much as I don’t tend to rip many tires.

and your not patching squat in the woods when you have tubless sealant in

My fix crap kit contains a tube maybe 2 if I’m going a long ways dependent on location. Couple tire levers, co2 and nozzle or hand pump dependent on ride,a couple master links, bike multi tool with wrenches with a chain break on it a few zip ties and some stuff plastic for tire rips. Iv Used every piece of this kit multiple times, and that’s on my non motorized bike.

Last edited:

tdot

WKR
I've seated a 4.8" tire at home with a CO2 cartridge. I've never looked into it though, I just tried it, it worked, so I carried on. Is that something that doesnt normally work in your experience?

Maxxis tires are typically pretty tight ID tires. They are a little more likely to be successful then some other brands. That's what I have and what are on the OP's bike.

Good call on a tire plug. I've been meaning to get some. I've never ripped a normal bike tire and that's with literally 1000's of days riding in granite. But something about electric and low pressure fat tires that has me thinking that it's only a matter of time.

Your not seating that fat of a tire with a co2 cartridge. Bring a tube or 2 with and a hand pump, or for those tires a bunch of co2. I know on my now normal size 2.4” tires I need at least 2 of the big ones to get me rolling again. And that’s with a tube in. Hand pumps take forever but have always gotten me moving again.

Some guys are running tire plugs as well but I haven’t investigated that option much as I don’t tend to rip many tires.

and your not patching squat in the woods when you have tubless sealant in. I've never ripped a normal bike tire and that's with literally 1000's of days riding in granite. But something about electric and low pressure fat tires that has me thinking that it's only a matter of time.

My fix crap kit contains a tube maybe 2 if I’m going a long ways dependent on location. Couple tire levers, co2 and nozzle or hand pump dependent on ride,a couple master links, bike multi tool with wrenches with a chain break on it a few zip ties and some stuff plastic for tire rips. Iv Used every piece of this kit multiple times, and that’s on my non motorized bike.

Lawnboi

WKR
I've seated a 4.8" tire at home with a CO2 cartridge. I've never looked into it though, I just tried it, it worked, so I carried on. Is that something that doesnt normally work in your experience?

Maxxis tires are typically pretty tight ID tires. They are a little more likely to be successful then some other brands. That's what I have and what are on the OP's bike.

Good call on a tire plug. I've been meaning to get some. I've never ripped a normal bike tire and that's with literally 1000's of days riding in granite. But something about electric and low pressure fat tires that has me thinking that it's only a matter of time.

Iv had a few tires/rim combos that seated easily with co2 and even a floor pump. But after they sit stretched on the rim for a while they need a compressor, atleast for the dozen or so tubeless tires Iv seated. I’m about 25/75 for needing a compressor

OP
Where's Bruce?
So I got some PMs from guys asking about other models and power packages that i will address here. Yes, you can pay less. A lot less. But you get what you pay for. A mid drive motor certainly puts more stress on the drive train and therefore drive train components are even more important. However, having said that, there is no comparing a mid drive mountain bike to a hub drive mountain bike. When you compare the torque of a hub drive bike ranging from 40nm to 60nm as compared to 80nm up to 160nm of torque a hub drive is much more suited to be a commuter bike than one taken off road and climbing hills. In addition to that the torque sensing capabilities of the top of the line mid drive motors makes riding an ebike feel very natural and by far much more safe than a non torque sensing hub drive motor. The one wheel trailers can comfortably handle 100lbs (+ or -) but the two wheel trailers can carry double that. Balance becomes an issue with the former but they can squeeze into tighter places and some of the trails I will hit get very narrow and i don't wanna have to remove the trailer to get through. Tires are not tubeless and have puncture protective liners. Got out for a brief ride just before sunset and am loving this bike already. This weekend will be an initial test.

bikerackup.JPG
bikeonrack1.JPG
bikerack2.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Where's Bruce?
Well today was certainly educational for me. I had to learn how to ride a bike all over again...ebikes have a learning curve gang. The first hill I went up was a total struggle. Standing on the pedals to climb and because it was so steep my legs were quickly transformed to rubber. Augh. Guess what? There's a little thumb button ya gotta push to engage more power. Doh! After playing around with different gears and actually using the throttle, I was able to go from crawling uphill, to cruising at 9mph to ultimately 15-16mph on the steepest streets around my neighborhood.

At first I struggled with the bike but after stiffening up the front shock (to the point I could stand next to it and push it down barely an inch using all my weight) the ride became more stable. Due to the recent rains I stayed off the trails in favor of familiarizing myself with the gearing and just getting comfortable with the Mule. It had power to spare and I only used 15% of the battery all day. I rode in ECO mode on the flats and still hit 21mph without even opening it up in the highest gear. That was plenty fast for me. I left the trailer at the shop and will hook that up once the quick disconnects are installed on the one tire. In the interim I am happy to get familiar with the bike and play with the add-ons. This is one of em that arrived tonight.

[video=youtube;G3sPtoa9o8k]

OP
Where's Bruce?
I'm waiting for you to borrow the Mule so you can compare it to your Frankenstein bike. LOL

OP
Where's Bruce?
Well it's pouring here in So. Cal. now but the bike can do 29mph with my fatarse on it on the flat. Tried to hit 30 but no go. I can't peddle that fast. LOl.
I have rubber legs, time for some "sheltering at home."

OP
Where's Bruce?
Would you mount the Gator Gripp HD on the handlebars or the rear rack? Opinions?

gatorfront1.jpg
gatorback.jpg

You need to be on wide trails to travel with a rifle in that gator. I would not want it on the back where I could not see it. But that mount would need to be modified for mr to put in on the handlebars

OP
Where's Bruce?
I also have a Montana Scabbard for holding the rifle in an upright position, just weighing the options now. I wanted a light waterproof bike cover to protect the bike from the elements when camping (especially in AZ during monsoon season) and when on the rack driving through nasty weather. After extensive research and learning most brands do not recommend use of their covers while driving, I discovered the ultimate solution...Velosock. I was worried that the darn thing might be too small for this monster-sized bike (even the Mfr said they doubted it would fit) but it does! I just had to watch their video tutorial explaining how to put it on first.

I think it looks pretty good and doesn't advertise what kinda bike is inside. Don't wanna attract the attention of thieves.

velosock2.JPG
velosock1.JPG

Last edited:
I have done alot of bike hunting. Get an eberlestock pack. you can run your rifle on your back extremely well.
I have 3, but the one i prefer is basically a big hydration pack with a scabbard.

bsnedeker

WKR
I just broke my derailer hanger this weekend when I wiped out while loaded up with half an elk. That sucked. I now carry a spare hanger in my repair kit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Where's Bruce?
The bike feels very different with a load in the trailer. There's a small lever on the trailer that locks the swing arms in place once attached to the bike. Because I failed to lock those arms in place, i jack-knifed the boke twice and injured myself good. BE SURE YOU TIGHTEN THE SWING ARMS BEFORE RIDING WITH A TRAILER. Took six weeks of PT to walk normal. (((sigh)))
bikeload2.JPG

Elk97

WKR
The bike feels very different with a load in the trailer. There's a small lever on the trailer that locks the swing arms in place once attached to the bike. Because I failed to lock those arms in place, i jack-knifed the boke twice and injured myself good. BE SURE YOU TIGHTEN THE SWING ARMS BEFORE RIDING WITH A TRAILER. Took six weeks of PT to walk normal. (((sigh)))
View attachment 230635
Might want to rethink that rack on the handlebars for your bow too. When you crash your bow acts like a shock absorbing bumper. I strap mine on my pack now.

bsnedeker

WKR
Might want to rethink that rack on the handlebars for your bow too. When you crash your bow acts like a shock absorbing bumper. I strap mine on my pack now.

I agree. I've wiped out on mine more than I care to admit. My bow would get destroyed if I mounted it on the bike in any way.