CWD

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
I have been reading a lot in the MSM about "Zombie Deer" and it has me thinking. CWD has been around for about 42 years by my Google search.
My question is, everyone says it it is so devastating to deer population but I do not see that in numbers of deer in high CWD areas. These numbers are published by the state game and fish or DWR. In fact deer populations are on the incline in these so called hot spots.

What I do know, when deer are plagued by EHD for instance, numbers fall drastically and take years to recover. Why are we not seeing the same with CWD but all the hype.
I honestly do not now I'm hopeful someone can provide some insight.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
Well 100% not an expert here, but from the little I do know about cwd it is a pretty slow process from healthy deer to, skinny, barely able to walk, unaware deer. Like a multiple years long process, which often in that time those deer are killed by hunters, cars, predators before they reach the zombie mode. I have never seen a “zombie mode” with my own eyes, but did have a warden show me a video of a deer he put down that was in that state. But he had not confirmed yet that it was cwd, he said it seemed likely it was though.