CZ 600 Alpha

Drenalin

WKR
I realize there's a recall on these associated with the barrel not being able to to be swapped out by the user as originally intended. Outside of that, I can't find a whole lot of information about them other than online articles from when they were introduced, which are all basically the same mindless, useless drivel.

From looking at the rifle online, it's horribly hideously ugly...and I think I'm in love.

Does anyone have personal experience with one, and what are your impressions? I'm somewhat interested in accuracy, but mostly as it relates to how it handles heavy for caliber bullets. I'm more interested in features like the safety and the magazine lock...are they intuitive and easy to use in the field without a lot of thought, or are they kind of a PITA? Or is it just an adjustment period? How does the stock feel? Length of pull seems long, but does it actually feel long with the vertical grip? Any feeding issues at all? Anything weird or unexpected happen in use?

kcormack

Lil-Rokslider
10 minutes after opening the box I cut 5 or 6" off the forend and began putting J-B Weld into the partitioned troughs (4) in the rest of the forearm. That is result of first impression.

Excellent accuracy, closing in on 500 rounds. Factory ammo only and it shoots heavier bullets the best, 153.5 Berger the heaviest, also most accurate. 6.5 Creedmore. 1:7 twist

Safety and magazine lock work for me. Intuitive describes it best.

LOP has not been an issue, gun has fit me well.

Feeding, no issues. Though if loading a single round onto the empty magazine it will not pick up the round. Rotate gun 90 degrees ccw and close the bolt.

Trigger is exceptional.

Barrel finish I really like as well. But time will tell. Bobox I think it is called.

Stock. Saved this for last. Fugliest I have seen! But the grip I really like. Forend mentioned earlier was sloppy and contacting the barrel which lead to its decapitation. The J-B Weld stiffened the forearm nicely.

Last edited:
OP
D

Drenalin

WKR
Thanks @kcormack I appreciate the feedback, especially the info on the stock. How is the action bedded?

What did you set your trigger at? I read somewhere that there were presets, or something along those lines, for different trigger weights. Did you find that to be the case, or did you set it with a gauge?

kcormack

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know what this bedding would be called, two small recoil lugs adjacent to the action screws made of the polymer stock material. check attached pics. Shoots really well so I for now don't plan on additional bedding.

Trigger is set at 2 lb's. Yes, 4 presets, a 1.5mm hex head just in front of the trigger to select.

Attachments

• PC070003.JPG
    PC070003.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 163
  • PC070002.JPG
    PC070002.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 129
  • PC070001.JPG
    PC070001.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 126
  • PC070008.JPG
    PC070008.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 132
  • PC070010.JPG
    PC070010.JPG
    280 KB · Views: 157
  • PC070009.JPG
    PC070009.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 162

MHWASH

WKR
10 minutes after opening the box I cut 5 or 6" off the forend and began putting J-B Weld into the partitioned troughs (4) in the rest of the forearm. That is result of first impression.

Excellent accuracy, closing in on 500 rounds. Factory ammo only and it shoots heavier bullets the best, 153.5 Berger the heaviest, also most accurate. 6.5 Creedmore. 1:7 twist

Safety and magazine lock work for me. Intuitive describes it best.

LOP has not been an issue, gun has fit me well.

Feeding, no issues. Though if loading a single round onto the empty magazine it will not pick up the round. Rotate gun 90 degrees ccw and close the bolt.

Trigger is exceptional.

Barrel finish I really like as well. But time will tell. Bobox I think it is called.

Stock. Saved this for last. Fugliest I have seen! But the grip I really like. Forend mentioned earlier was sloppy and contacting the barrel which lead to its decapitation. The J-B Weld stiffened the forearm nicely.
I'm curious about the magazine. I am considering buying one of these in .308 to replace my Ruger American 308. Can you measure the inside of the magazine for me so I can get an idea of cartridge OAL? The issue I have with the RA is I cannot load the bullets very long because of magazine restrictions.
Thaks,

That Eurooptic deal almost had me clicking add to cart.

$350 is awfully hard to refuse. Like really hard….

If I read the email from Eurooptic correctly, they said to “place your back order of the rifle” so when they come in you get first crack at it. I’ve never backordered anything through them though. Bought plenty, just never backordered.

letrbuck

WKR
Don't know what this bedding would be called, two small recoil lugs adjacent to the action screws made of the polymer stock material. check attached pics. Shoots really well so I for now don't plan on additional bedding.

Trigger is set at 2 lb's. Yes, 4 presets, a 1.5mm hex head just in front of the trigger to select.

Is that a quarter you glued in there? To increase resale value?

I'll admit, I am very intrigued by the 600 Trail, but for 350 bucks I'm going to have a very hard time passing one up...

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Any further info on how this thing shoots with various factory ammo? Thinking of a go-to, cheap, easy button rifle for when other projects are partially complete or when a buddy comes up to hunt/visit and needs a loaner type thing. The prices are hard to ignore