Dark Energy Poseidon ? Discontinued ?

280ack

FNG
I had decided to try one of these and went to purchase one, only to find everyone is out of stock and some retailers have none on order from the manufacturer Dark Energy. Does anyone have a clue if they are discontinued or out of business?
Also what has worked well in cold climates as alternatives ?

Thanks

I have basically the exact same thing that I bought on Amazon for like $20. A quick glance at both and I see little to no difference between them except for price tag and marketing.

wyosteve

WKR
I gave up on them years ago after a bad customer experience. I went to Anker and have been very happy.

TN2shot07

WKR
Another vote for Anker

I have a couple of the 10,000 mah chargers and one of the 5,000 I use when I’m traveling, no issues with any

Big_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't used one but Nitcore has a Summit 10,000mAh and a Summit 20,0000mAh power bank for low temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravpower or Anker. I have multiple of each and never had issues with either brand. I prefer the Ravpowers, but both are multiple times cheaper and have higher mah options than the Poseidon.

Some ankers you can’t charge the bank and recharge your phone/inreach from the usb-c and need an a-c cable. All of my ravpowers can do both from usb c. Some ankers do too, but I have 1-2 that don’t.

The last ravpower 20k pioneer I bought I got for $30. Used it on a 7 day hunt and it was flawless.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Don't own one, but their website and other sites have the Poseidon Pro in stock. The Poseidon (none pro) is no longer made.

shedhead

FNG
They all seem to work very well in warmer weather but the dark energy definitely seems to hold charge better for me in the cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwiw I have one. Solid piece of kit. Very rugged and performs as advertised. I also have a couple of ankers For the woods and one in my briefcase. For a serious user, that spends a ton of time outdoors, the extra armor toughness, etc might be worth it To pay up for the dark energy. For me, a guy that spends 10-15 nights a year in the field, Anker and a zip lock are probably fine. In fact I prefer 2x ankers for the same weight as my dark energy so I have redundancy for far less $$$.

just my $0.02.

I’ve had a Dark energy Poseidon for several years now. Works very well for me. I don’t know how many times I’ve dropped it, it still works. I like to hunt in the later seasons so it’s always cold and it hasn’t failed me yet (knocking on wood).

My only gripe is that it takes a hot minute for it to be recharged after it’s been used.

Marketing at its finest. You can get two 20,100 mah Ankers that each have twice the power as a single 10,200 mah DE Poseidon Pro and still have $20 left over to spend on gummy bears and dude wipes. Read the details. Just because we are hunters and outdoorsmen doesn’t mean we have to pay more for “hunting/outdoor branded equipment”.

Marketing at its finest. You can get two 20,100 mah Ankers that each have twice the power as a single 10,200 mah DE Poseidon Pro and still have $20 left over to spend on gummy bears and dude wipes. Read the details. Just because we are hunters and outdoorsmen doesn’t mean we have to pay more for “hunting/outdoor branded equipment”.
I'm not saying it was an Anker.
But I had a battery pack of some sort that simply would not charge below 40 degrees.

I've been using an Anker 25000mAh battery for almost a decade. Its been to Hawaii, Peru, Colorado and just about every camping trip i go on. Its an older model so it takes forever to charge up to 100% but it'll give you a lot of charges for your devices

tdhanses

WKR
Been running an Anker for years, zero issues and seemed to work fine in single digit temps as well.

Beendare

WKR
These batteries can fail….I like 2 10,000 Ankers over one big one…..

1) I rarely get into the second one ( once on a 14 day drop camp in Alaska)

2) lighter to throw one 10k in my pack with a charging cable JIC

BTW, my Anker 10k charges my iPhone 2x-3x faster than my truck…its crazy