Daughter's health ins

sivart

WKR
Forgive this topic, I know it has nothing to do w/ hunting. I just trust guys info on here more than anywhere else.

We just found out my oldest daughter (turned 18 last Oct) was kicked off our blue cross family plan. Just got a renewal letter, and she wasn't listed. She is healthy (athletic) w/ no real medical issues, minus a couple visits for girl cramp stuff. (I let her mom handle that)

Blue cross won't even tell us why she's ineligible? She's been walking around uninsured for the last 20 days, and I didn't even know it. I had a client tell me that your kids should be allowed on your ins until age 26? Pretty pissed off.

mlob1one

WKR
Actually, most coverages are thru age 24, unless they're married. As far as I'm aware, it was part of Obama care.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It is my understanding children Under 26 should be covered under your insurance. I would call and insist on talking to upper management.

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
We were insured until the ACA came along.
Our insurance went from $250/mo until they wanted an increase from $475/mo to over $800/mo!!!! 🤯
NO WAY IN HELL!
We dropped all our health insurance, BUT, we continued paying $400/mo into our gun safe.
The Gov't "gives" you Medicare Pt A. You have to buy Medicare Pt B. We're in our 70's!
Recently, Congress has started allowing health care savings accounts.

In Feb, I go for hip replacement surgery. Their "finance" office turns everything into Medicare.
When they call, I tell them we pay cash. Sometimes it helps.
Sometimes as much as half off.* Sometimes.....it doesn't change anything!
ANYTIME I get a medical bill, I call them immediately, then ask if there is any break or discount for cash or prompt payment. Don't let them kid you, as long as you're paying as little as two or three dollars a month, they have to accept it.
If they don't offer a discount, and you're unhappy anyway, make them take your mini payments until it's paid off.
Most medical offices are so pleased they don't have to deal with insurance company's, they are more than willing to offer a break for "cash-on-the-barrel-head"!

* - I went in for a test procedure. The front office told me that the procedure would be $5,000.00!!!
"How about if we pay cash?" I asked.
She got on her computer, clicked and clacked for a bit, then smiled and said, "That will be $1500!"

OP
S

sivart

WKR
This is our family plan. I don't get insurance thru my work. Wife called bluecross , and all they tell her is that she was dropped and "cannot say why". She was told we have to get her an independent policy.

I'm going to call them Monday.

This is our family plan. I don't get insurance thru my work. Wife called bluecross , and all they tell her is that she was dropped and "cannot say why". She was told we have to get her an independent policy.

I'm going to call them Monday.

That might be the reason why then.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Thanks for the link, guys. I've read thru it. I learned we weren't insured thru the AHCA. We had a better deal without it w/ a lower deductible. With her getting booted out of that plan, we will have to sign her up for the AHCA.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Thanks for the link, guys. I've read thru it. I learned we weren't insured thru the AHCA. We had a better deal without it w/ a lower deductible. With her getting booted out of that plan, we will have to sign her up for the AHCA.

Thanks, Obama!

Squincher

WKR
I don't know the legalities of it, but both our children stayed on my employer health insurance until their 26th birthdays despite having their own insurance. No one ever asked about their situation, I just received letters they would come off the 1st of the month following their birthday. We are self insured and my employer does a lot of things benefits wise that go way beyond minimum requirements, so they may have just done it.

tom338

FNG
Call but have your daughter there and put her on the phone so SHE asks the question.

Any chance she secretly got married?
That don’t matter. My sister is married and riding on my mother’s insurance.
I could be wrong, but I thought regardless of whether you were on Obamacare or something better, it was a law that they could stay on till 26. Or was that changed when Trump changed some of the rules.

Walmart Greeter

Lil-Rokslider
That don’t matter. My sister is married and riding on my mother’s insurance.

I could be wrong, but I thought regardless of whether you were on Obamacare or something better, it was a law that they could stay on till 26. Or was that changed when Trump changed some of the rules.
Copy, just throwing out all possibilities