Davros Pro (Gen 2) Tripod Head - Shooting

JSol

FNG
I just received my new tripod head and overall first impressions were good. It's light, built well, easy to operate, and I am a huge fan of the magnetic quick release. I mounted both the classic rifle adapter to the front rifle sling screw on my stock and also installed the gunsmith adapter just in front of my magazine.

First, I want to say the javelin bipod is perfect. No complaints about this one, it is just lightweight and solid. I cinch to attach and detach. Plus, you can throw it in your pocket instead of it getting tangled in tree branches.

I'm less impressed by the Davros Pro head. First, it doesn't have the same "shoulder" built into the stud that is on the Javelin bipod which locks it solid to prevent panning. Maybe I just received a bad unit, but there seems to be a lot of movement in the magnet quick attach socket, which is necessary to some degree to have the ability to connect and detach easily. The smooth head on the Davros Pro head allows for the rifle to spin with no way to lock it. You can lock the pan on the base of the tripod head, but the rifle is still free to rotate on the male portion of the magnetic socket where it attaches to the rifle. This created a shake for me since I couldn't find a position that would allow me to load up the tripod. I can put tension against the ball head to moderate the up-and-down shake, but I haven't found a way to control the side-to-side. It's almost like my rifle is wagging its tail!

I have emailed Spartan Precision to see if I could purchase a male adapter with the shoulder built in, but I have yet to receive a reply.

A couple of questions for you tripod shooters. Does anyone have experience with the system I am using and advice on improving the equipment or myself?

I also want to point out that I am not saying the Davros Pro Head is a bad head or to not buy one. I did a lot of research and for how I backpack hunt, it seemed to be the best choice for an "ultralight" system. I really want to like the system but currently shooting 6 moa with it on a tripod at 100 yards. For reference, I'm shooting 2 moa off trekking poles and moa off shooting bags or Javelin bipod at the same distance.