Dear You Tube stars…

SDHNTR

WKR
Venting… like a Karen, I know, but….

Please stop telling the world how to do everything related to hunting! How to apply, how to get left over tags, how to plan your out of state hunt, how to negotiate logistics, etc. Let people be intimidated! Let people do the research and learn on their own! There is supposed to be a learning curve! It’s supposed to be earned.

There is value in hard work and research and all these how-to videos are diminishing the worthiness of something hard earned. Traveling out of state, figuring out draws, hunting Alaska, rules and regs…. It should be hard, but it’s not anymore, just takes a couple clicks and it’s all laid out for you. Lame! You’ve stripped the value previously earned and deserved by the truly dedicated.

In the process, you’ve also made everything more crowded, everything harder to draw, everything more expensive, everything more unattainable. You’ve now countered your original intent. You are killing your Golden Goose. There is generally more frustration and less accessibility to hunting the West now. We’ve passed the tipping point. You can stop now.

So can you please just stick to making entertainment? Show us cool hunts with interesting characters. Wow us with beautiful scenery, beautiful animals and successful hunts, but zip it on the “here’s how we do this” and “here’s where we’re hunting” stuff. Entertain us without ruining it for everyone who is/was willing to do the work. Stop now while there’s anything left. Please.

Flame away…

Last edited:

Please stop telling the world how to do everything related to hunting! How to apply, how to get left over tags, how to plan your out of state hunt, how to negotiate logistics, etc. Let people be intimidated! Let people do the research and learn on their own! There is supposed to be a learning curve! It’s supposed to be earned.

There is value in hard work and research and all these how-to videos are diminishing the worthiness of something hard earned. Traveling out of state, figuring out draws, hunting Alaska, rules and regs…. It should be hard, but it’s not anymore, just takes a couple clicks and it’s all laid out for you. Lame! You’ve stripped the value previously earned and deserved by the truly dedicated.

In the process, you’ve also made everything more crowded, everything harder to draw, everything more expensive, everything more unattainable. You’ve now countered your original intent. You are killing your Golden Goose. There is generally more frustration and less accessibility to hunting the West now. We’ve passed the tipping point. You can stop now.

So can you please just stick to making entertainment? Show us cool hunts with interesting characters. Wow us with beautiful scenery, beautiful animals and successful hunts, but zip it on the “here’s how we do this” and “here’s where we’re hunting” stuff. Entertain us without ruining it for everyone who is/was willing to do the work. Stop now while there’s anything left. Please.

Flame away…

021396D8-4365-4854-B18E-D62EB63A2D1F.jpeg.65ccd1d2dba8e024219efda576f608f4.jpeg

Billinsd

WKR
"Adapt, improvise and overcome" is what I live by. Thanks Marines!! and from the Navy, "lessons learned".

zacattack

WKR

Flame away…
So how do you feel about gohunt?

Fatcamp

WKR
Can you send me the link to the one that tells you how to do everything. I haven’t seen that one yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Holy cats if you haven't seen the videos on "How to lace your boots", and "Putting gas in your rental car?", you haven't been paying attention. Or my favorite, "Antelope, for people who can't hunt anything else."

Fracking clowns insist on making a video on everything. What I would really like to see is the, "Shots we screwed up but won't show you because it will make us look like even bigger douchebags" series. No way they get all those in one YouTube segment.

Maverick1

WKR
Tall Poppy.

If everyone is special, then no one is special.

if everyone has the same YouTube information available to give them an advantage, then it is not really an advantage.

Boot leather.

Do the work.

Think about it.

OP, you say..."Please stop telling the world how to do everything related to..." but have used this forum and digital technology for advice on stock bedding, reloading, home DIY fixes, etc...so freely sharing knowledge and information digitally with others is bad? I have learned a lot and benefited from many other's contributions here, how is that different?

You did start with 'venting', but hopefully realize you benefit from the same free sharing of knowledge....and those who are willing to put more time and energy, both online and on the ground (YouTube can't pull the trigger for you), will have an advantage.

Happy 4th and freedom to all.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
OMG. Please don’t help people who want to learn how to be more productive. Oh my gosh, it’s not fair the internet exists and gives people more information than I had 20 years ago. It’s not fair!!!!
What a dumb stance. Just my opinion, but the better we have information available the better we are as a hunting community. The internet has provided more people with better information to be more productive faster. That’s not a bad thing. That’s great! We should celebrate that. I’m always dumbfounded by people who say I wish no one knew anything and had no access to useful resources. Why? Because your upset it wasn’t as easy for you? That’s bull. You should celebrate the fact that not only can new people learn soem things from the internet but you also could possible pick up a trick or two from the wealth of knowledge now available through the internet.

Rich M

WKR
Too late.

They need to make themselves relevant and necessary. So they done sold out the hunters the claim to represent.

Damage is done.

That’s what bothers me is that those guys are claiming to represent me as a hunter. Furthest thing from the truth.