Deep Six FMJ FOC concerns

Beendare

WKR
Hey OP, CORRECTION......Easton recommends 7%-16%

FOC is the most over rated criteria in archery. Its much more important to have an arrow with perfect flight...and not be underspined.

Don't get me wrong....I like my FOC in the 12%-16% range...but I don't worry about it as long as my arrows are flying well.

OP, you didn't say what spine your arrows were. You have to be conscious of Spine....if adding more tip weight puts you borderline underspined....thats a bad idea for a hunting arrow.

Whisky

WKR
They are tougher. I like the all carbon vs the aluminum carbon. Lighter shaft and I'm able to get better FOC with them.

Also their insert system is nice. I can shoot normal heads and not deep 6. But still able to shoot and reap the benefits of a skinny arrow. I have had no issues with it. I like that I can add weights into it with the Fact module system. My arrow right now weighs 450 and has 18% FOC.

Thanks, thats about enough to make me give them a try. Pretty much what i was thinking.

I like the FMJ Injexions that i've used in the past. Still not a fan of outserts of any kind, had just too many not perform well.

Epoxy a second D6 insert in, and you should be good to go!

crunchy

Lil-Rokslider
I made the mistake of getting 330 in the 4mm. According to the program I'm using Im going to need to either drop a lot of weight off my draw or make some magic happen. Anyone have some 280 shafts?

When i shot deep 6 4mm arrows I used 2 inserts in them and 100 grain point.

I now shoot the Goldtip Pierce arrows and like that arrow better

How is the insert system?? I have been wanting to try them but i have had bad experiences with other half in half out inserts. Im just shooting Gold tip hunters right now because i didnt like any of the deep six mechanicals..

str_8tup

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting Deep 6 FMJ's 400 with a Gold Tip half outsert with their Ballistic collar in the 340 size and have had phenomenal luck with them. I can add weight to the back of the arrow thru the nock if your spine is stiff enough by using the FACT weight system. I killed an elk with it last year and unfortunately couldn't find the arrow so I couldn't inspect it at all. The tolerances are superb, just have to go up one spine with the half outsert and collar...... Will have a tough time switching from this set-up!