Defrost for UTV without heater?

Gone4Days

WKR
1/2 windshield. Takes 85%of the wind out of your face but keeps visibility. I hate full windshields. They are always dirty, foggy, icy or scratched and sucks to look through them.

Ehunter

FNG
I went though this this year. I just put card board on the windshield this year never had to worry about the inside windshield. But we were only the 20,s. On a 700.

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
My in-laws have 6 of them on their ranch. 5-10,000 miles a year and they never break down. The Polaris and can-am are nicer in every category but they can't touch the reliability.
I wish Honda or Yamaha would make a sxs that was 60" and modeled like a RZR 900, twin cly.6-800 cc, with a real transmission instead of a belt, 2wheel drive switch. I'd buy one in a second.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I wish Honda or Yamaha would make a sxs that was 60" and modeled like a RZR 900, twin cly.6-800 cc, with a real transmission instead of a belt, 2wheel drive switch. I'd buy one in a second.
I'm assuming you mean 50" not 60"? If that's the case I totally agree with you. The 520 is a great rig but definitely not a performance machine.

packer58

WKR
@Dioni A , get on the Honda SXS Club site and read away. They have talked about heater options quite a bit, I have the Alumalite Armor enclosure on my P-1000 3 and love it. However, in the cold temps the glass does get frosty. My solution is cover at night, spray de-icer on both sides before I cover it at night. I agree with others that Honda is light years behind the others as far as cab design goes. I have done a ton of mods to my machine and at some point I plan to install a heater and utilize the two cup holder locations as windshield defrosters.

Inferno heaters get lots of praise for Can Am's. I would assume they are just as good for Honda's. And they are under $500. I'm no mechanic and I'm pretty sure I could get one installed in a day.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Inferno heaters get lots of praise for Can Am's. I would assume they are just as good for Honda's. And they are under $500. I'm no mechanic and I'm pretty sure I could get one installed in a day.
I've heard good things about the inferno heaters also. Without the ducting that the Honda heater uses there's no way for me to get it pointed at my windshield. All of the generic kits even if they claim to fit a specific machine use the same generic vent covers. They're all way too big to fit in the Honda dash with all but one windshield that I've seen.

Is it a 1000? If so, have you tried pulling the access panel that is located where a person's toes would be if they were sitting in the middle? I did this to my Pioneer 1000-5 after reading on Hondasxs.com about it and while I haven't had it in sub 20 degree temps, works pretty well. The panel is located right behind the radiator so air comes across the radiator and blows into the cab. It doesn't blow directly onto the windshield so it doesn't defrost an already frozen windshield quickly but definately puts enough heat into the cab to keep everyone warm and will defrost eventually. Watch out for puddles at speed though cause if the radiator gets wet, it turns to steam and then blows it directly into the cab. Also the slower you go the better, cruising at 30-40mph the radiator cools off pretty quick and then you're just blowing cold air into the cab. When the engine/radiator gets hot enough to kick on the radiator fan, it really blows nice warm air.

It's not a perfect solution but is free and easy to try.