Desert Sheep Outfitters in Mexico

OP
T

Takman

FNG
We’re you hunting sheep or something else? Would be interested in your experience.

DuckDogDr

WKR
So serious question. With all the crap in the news you guys feel safe going down that way?

My buddy just got back and was successful , said he felt safer than in downtown Jackson or New Orleans
But just wanted to get other people’s thoughts as well.
Would appreciate some safe travel pointers in Mexico via PM

Had another buddy that went down to Mexico on a brant goose hunt.. said while driving the blew through a couple of “road blocks” and stopped at a couple of legitimate ones.
After completion of the week of hunting the designated driver drove them to within a half mile of the boarder in Tijuana and refused to go further . Made them walk the rest of the way with their gear, he said he was never so ready to get back across to the US

Don’t know why I’m so paranoid of Mexico but just have them squirrels in my head

So serious question. With all the crap in the news you guys feel safe going down that way?

My buddy just got back and was successful , said he felt safer than in downtown Jackson or New Orleans
But just wanted to get other people’s thoughts as well.
Would appreciate some safe travel pointers in Mexico via PM

Had another buddy that went down to Mexico on a brant goose hunt.. said while driving the blew through a couple of “road blocks” and stopped at a couple of legitimate ones.
After completion of the week of hunting the designated driver drove them to within a half mile of the boarder in Tijuana and refused to go further . Made them walk the rest of the way with their gear, he said he was never so ready to get back across to the US

Don’t know why I’m so paranoid of Mexico but just have them squirrels in my head
Still safer than any urban utopia in the USA.

I do spend 2-3 weeks a year hunting in Mexico.

bradb

WKR
I felt totally safe. Picked up at the airport in Monterrey, few hour drive to ranch. Ranch is a amazing place stuck about a hour from anyone. And have this guy standing gaurd!20230219_065209.jpg

wyosteve

WKR
Fellow I worked with was down there a few months ago fishing. Not sure on the exact area. Long story short, got stopped twice by 'cartel' groups, but got through with no major problems.

SLA

FNG
We’re you hunting sheep or something else? Would be interested in your experience.
Yes I was hunting sheep, yes successful. Great time, food, people.
As others have stated I never felt unsafe.

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
I was there in Feb. Flew into Hermosillo and never felt unsafe. Guide with me the entire time, heck we even hit up a local taco bar before my flight out. I questioned him a few times on it and it was a standard big city answer as in you're good over here, just don't go over there type of deal. Like I mentioned though I rode with him the entire time, so absolutely no worries. My experience was top notch and I'd do it again if money wasn't in the equation.

bradb

WKR
Shane guides to some giant rams. I would bet the earlier post saying there Tiburon tag is available is with Shane. Only saying that as i also saw Shane say a Tiburon tag came available. I would also bet if the person that jumps on that tag kills a slob ram if they hunt hard and are willing to pass some very good rams

Last edited:

swarovskicoues

Lil-Rokslider
Ive guided in Caborca Mexico for five years now. yes cartel activity is around you but like anywhere.. mind your business and dont be an idiot and your fine. like someone mentioned id rather be in Sonora Mexico than any dirty US city 100%.

Sako76

WKR
Anyone ever hunt with Rafter E Outfitters? They were recommended and I can’t find a whole lot about them!