Digiscoping with an Iphone

I just purchased the CameraTimer Plus app and it seems to work pretty good. It cost $.99. As soon as I get my Phone Skope I'll post some pictures.

Here are a few pictures I took this morning with my iPhone and Phone Skope. I used a Swarovski 65 HD. The picture of the homes with the hill in the background was taken with just my iPhone to give some perspective as to how far away the Dall ewe and lamb were. I'm guessing they were about a mile away, give or take. Then I took a couple pictures of Denali, which is about 150 miles away, and not even really visible in the camera lens using just the iPhone.
9ybe9a3a.jpg

a2yny2ut.jpg

etyravus.jpg

a8yhygu3.jpg

dazevuju.jpg

rynupa8e.jpg

AGPank

WKR
I'm loving digiscoping or even viewing through the iphone5. You can stand back and not worry about small focus adjustments since the camera autofocuses. This is a drain on batteries so I picked up a portable external battery that works great too.

I'm loving digiscoping or even viewing through the iphone5. You can stand back and not worry about small focus adjustments since the camera autofocuses. This is a drain on batteries so I picked up a portable external battery that works great too.
What external battery did you get, and have you used it much? I've been looking around at different options regarding this, but I'm having a hard time deciding what to buy.

AGPank

WKR
I'm using the Rav power 5600 mA unit. I found it on amazon. It's supposed to provide 2 to 3 charges to the phone. I've only had it a couple months.

Juan_ID

WKR
Anybody else that have one of the "phoneskopes" for iPhone 5 notice that the case is super tight and a pain in the ass to attach and remove? Just curious cuz to me it doesn't seem right that it's so tight on and off.

Slim Jim

WKR
Juan I really don't have a problem with mine. Yes it is tight but its a phone case its supposed to be. On my AZ hunt in January, I left it in the whole time and just took out the adapter for the eyepiece when I needed to make calls or to put it away.

Juan_ID

WKR
Ya I figured it would be snug atleast but mine is real tight like it's a pain in the ass to take it out it's so tight... Maybe it's just me being a puss :). Just curious, is your case black?

AGPank

WKR
The C2 adapter may have been the way to go to get it to fit the case of your preference. I was thinking the same thing myself. I installed a screen protector and it works well on my otterbox commuter case, but it pulls up the edges when I put it in my phoneskope case. I have a Defender case and maybe the c2 would be a better option to adapt this case.

AGPank

WKR
I had some time today and out of curiosity decided to remove the adapter plate from my phonescope case. I gently worked a knife between the two surfaces. My goal was to install velcro onto the baseplate and a spare otterbox case. I did this following the C2 directions from the phoneskope website (although I was using some sticky velcro from home depot, not the C2 kit). For me this had too much play and the iphone 5 doesn't allow for velcro to stick above the camera location. I wasn't happy with the connection. I then decided to remove the velcro and glue the base plate to my defender case. So far so good.

Craig4791

WKR
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370238669.575699.jpg

Got a cool pic of this guy peeking over the hill at me this morning. Thought it was a neat pic.

Liljozie495

Lil-Rokslider
i use the left side of my binoculars and have taken alot of good pics! ill try to get the masher bull we seen last night put up

Liljozie495

Lil-Rokslider
BIG JUNE BULL.jpg

Hopefully this worked... hes a big 7x7 that looks like he will crown off to a 8x8 for sure and possibly throw a 9th tine off each side! big boy for june i would say...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I had some time today and out of curiosity decided to remove the adapter plate from my phonescope case. I gently worked a knife between the two surfaces. My goal was to install velcro onto the baseplate and a spare otterbox case. I did this following the C2 directions from the phoneskope website (although I was using some sticky velcro from home depot, not the C2 kit). For me this had too much play and the iphone 5 doesn't allow for velcro to stick above the camera location. I wasn't happy with the connection. I then decided to remove the velcro and glue the base plate to my defender case. So far so good.

AGP,

Can you post some pics of your custom Defender case with and without the phoneskope adapters installed?

AGPank

WKR
I'm learning that I need to play around with a little electric tape on the phoneskope objective adapter. Without any tape it's a little loose and I have to play with it to keep the image centered. Too much tape and it doesn't work well at all zoom ranges. I will note that I found a good deal on a defender case on Amazon, like under $20, I might not have done this to a full price case.

DSCN0238.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

AGPank

WKR
Here's a picture of a raccoon that visited last week so I could try the new setup.

Buster

WKR
Just got an outdoorsman's digiadapter. Haven't had a good chance to test it out yet. Paid almost $100 for it tho, what are the other options running dollar wise?