iPhone 15 Digiscope setup

williaada

WKR
Looking to purchase a digiscope for an iPhone 15 can recommend a brand and set up? I will be using it on Swaro 15x56 binos and then a spotter either Swaro tor kowa. Any suggestions appreciated!

Magview will work as you just stick the plate on any case. Ollin won't as they do not have the case for the 15 series yet.

pirogue

WKR
Magview’s app is not presently compatible with the IPhone 15. They say it should be fixed, “maybe next week”. Hope it doesn’t turn into “free beer tomorrow”

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
Magview’s app is not presently compatible with the IPhone 15. They say it should be fixed, “maybe next week”. Hope it doesn’t turn into “free beer tomorrow”
The told me on September 28 they expected it to be updated in the next couple of weeks. I had an elk hunt starting October 1, so I downloaded the PhoneSkope app and didn't have any trouble using my MagView adapter. I like the setup but feel they should have an update by now.

Anyone have any idea how to keep the 15 pro from switching lenses on you? I can get it started, then it switches lenses and I can only use portrait mode?

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
That was the same problem I was faced with. When you tried to zoom out the lens would switch. I never could get it to work right no matter what I did in the camera settings. Since I was leaving on an elk hunt in just a couple of days, I downloaded the PhoneSkope app in desperation and found that it resolved the lens switching problem and I was back up and running. I've never owned a PhoneSkope but their app sure came in handy.

That was the same problem I was faced with. When you tried to zoom out the lens would switch. I never could get it to work right no matter what I did in the camera settings. Since I was leaving on an elk hunt in just a couple of days, I downloaded the PhoneSkope app in desperation and found that it resolved the lens switching problem and I was back up and running. I've never owned a PhoneSkope but their app sure came in handy.
Thank you

bheck

FNG
I’m really happy with my Kowa 883 and my iPhone 14 Pro
fdc7be766514fcfe5bbcc064c3064d9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGFARM

FNG
If you are having trouble with your iPhone 15 switching cameras, there are two options to fix it. First, when you are getting close to your object, a "flower macro" setting will appear. Click on it and turn it off. Second, you can go to Settings > Camera and turn off the Macro control toggle at the bottom, which will permanently prevent the camera from switching. However, this may not work well when using 3x zoom, as the camera will still try to switch back and forth to another lens.

bheck

FNG
What adapter are you using?

This was actually handholding since I was waiting for my Ollin adapter to come in, used to have phoneskope with my old phone but like the Ollin much since I’ve got it now

DosAmigos

FNG
I just purchased Ollin for my Kowa and my Swaro El range and have zero complaints.

drew12

FNG
This was actually handholding since I was waiting for my Ollin adapter to come in, used to have phoneskope with my old phone but like the Ollin much since I’ve got it now

You have a steady hand, my friend. My freehand scoped photos never turn out half as good. Nice work!