The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Rmauch20

WKR
I think they will be before long, govt orders or not. People won’t hold still for long. Heck store break ins are up 75% in NYC. Wait til they get real hungry, or come down off dope.
Unless some of the state governors pull their head out of their ass I think this is just the tip of the iceberg or the tip of something else, either way it’s not going to be good. I don’t think we can fully comprehend how much damage was done to our Economy. I’m willing to bet most stay at home orders get extended at least another 30 days.

Not familiar with Alaska Airlines how big of a company was that?
Not really big at all by major airlines standards (ie., Alaska, Delta, United, etc.), and I believe they only service Alaska communities. They are however, partners with Alaska Air, and I think they are the largest non-major commercial airlines in the state. They employ around 1000 people.

*zap*

WKR
Unless some of the state governors pull their head out of their ass I think this is just the tip of the iceberg or the tip of something else, either way it’s not going to be good. I don’t think we can fully comprehend how much damage was done to our Economy. I’m willing to bet most stay at home orders get extended at least another 30 days.

I think the stimuli bill covers extra unemployment benefits for 4 months.....kentucky derby was postponed for four months....

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
RavnAir just announced today that it grounded it's entire fleet of 72 planes and laid off all their employees.

I think they were losing $ like the rest of the airlines but I also think it’s a political ploy from a New York based hedge fund ownership.

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, I used to fly on them non stop to the slope, that will be extremely problematic for the Kenai slopers.

Conoco won’t let anybody fly to slope that have been through any other airport. Have to drive from FAI or ENA. Or quarantine in an ANC hotel for 14 days.

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
I’m holding and scaling out as appropriate for the time being: ZM, ABT, CODX, SNRE, RTTR, APRN, WTRH

Floorguy

WKR
I think (don't quote me on this), they shut off all flights to the slope. My next door neighbor does the 2 on 2 off work week pattern and he's been stuck up there for 5 weeks now.
Ravn has shut down all operations at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

inyago

FNG
It's interesting reading everyone's comments but this covid 19 is going to be a black swan moment for all.
It will dwarf the GFC of 2008/2009. 80% of western workers are unemployed or on the way there. Businesses are
folding all over the world and this virus will be hanging around because to many are half arsed in their response.
Revolutions are bred in these times, look after yourselves.

Broomd

WKR
It's interesting reading everyone's comments but this covid 19 is going to be a black swan moment for all.
It will dwarf the GFC of 2008/2009. 80% of western workers are unemployed or on the way there. Businesses are
folding all over the world and this virus will be hanging around because to many are half arsed in their response.
Revolutions are bred in these times, look after yourselves.
Indeed.

Meanwhile the DJ is up 1,013 as I type this.
Quick $500 made this morning on EPR from Friday's investment.

This market takes investment capital and cojones.

Last edited:
It's really odd how the market is reacting. It's very focused on the plateau which imo doesnt mean anything. There's multiple articles popping up that china has had to reclose some countries as cases start popping up when they reopen. It seems that even the places that stay open no one is going out and spending money. Japan who was a darling of how to deal with the coronavirus is now taking their turn getting hammered.

I keep reading articles referring to how the economy was great prior to this and therefore will be great after. That just seems ridiculous to me. That was then, this is now. Even after the last case is gone this is a major shift in the global spending mindset. Think about how long it will be until you are comfortable to be on a plane, a cruise, or spend as much money in general as before coronavirus.

Today is crazy, I agree with the above post, I certainly did not see this coming. There are some stocks that are up +15-20% that have zero news or anything going on. I am baffled right now. There has to be a big red day coming after this. I hope I am wrong and this is the start of a recovery, but something is off.

EastMT

WKR
I think people are looking at 6 months out, but several banks see possible 50% below now when earnings come in. I set up auto deposits on RH, I’m going to be adding $500 a week for the next 6 months, just avg into a few index, high div, few single stocks. Not sure which one yet, GT isn’t cooperating with my
I think when the light truck numbers come out, OEM tires will drop decent.

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed with the posts above. Today's run is very strange and has me on edge. The only significant news was that the spread of the virus is showing signs of slowing down in NYC. I think this is either an indication of people itching for any reason to get back and drive the market, or panic buyers thinking they're going to miss out on the start of recovery.

For example: Starbucks was downgraded today from overweight to neutral by JPM, but the stock still 5% up on the day.

Either way; I am holding off on trading today and just to watching where this is going. I may dabble a bit tomorrow depending on futures and overnight news, but I want to see a clear(ish) trend.

Okhotnik

WKR
Gambled and picked up a lot more BA when it dropped below 124 last Friday. Up around 15 per cent today. Probably cash before tomorrow. I saw the foreign markets and futures were up before market opened this morning so picked up a few more shares. Everything else is up in portfolio so probably cash out some more. Crazy market. When will the big correction happen again?

Broomd

WKR
Today is crazy, I agree with the above post, I certainly did not see this coming. There are some stocks that are up +15-20% that have zero news or anything going on. I am baffled right now. There has to be a big red day coming after this. I hope I am wrong and this is the start of a recovery, but something is off.
I got into gold related stocks today, some were off 16% by noon with this crazy surge. If/when reality comes back later this week, they should be ripe for a quick gain.