Disabled veterans elk tags - which states?

I’m a disabled veteran (30% through VA). I’m not looking for me, but I’d love to get some guys I know of together and go for a hunt. Some of these guys could really use some time with other good guys in the woods.

What states have disabled veteran tags? I know Idaho has a pretty good program I may look into. Any others or thoughts on the subject?

Additionally I have a few veteran related hunting charities I work with that could help cover some costs and/or sponsorships for states requiring that. And I’d love to do something with the rokslide guys (ie go fund me to cover costs, and maybe grab some of you guys as either veterans or local guides).

Early stages of planning just figured the best group I know of online is right here! Thanks guys. Rifle would probably be better but I’m not opposed to anything at this stage in the process.

SemperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Me and 2 of my buddies are headed to Idaho in a few weeks on DAV tags for Elk and Deer. It's definitely a great program and I'm super grateful for the opportunity. I've heard rumors of them limiting tags or increasing cost in the future.

OP
A
Me and 2 of my buddies are headed to Idaho in a few weeks on DAV tags for Elk and Deer. It's definitely a great program and I'm super grateful for the opportunity. I've heard rumors of them limiting tags or increasing cost in the future.

I think I saw you mention this and that's what's inspired me. I've done some work with a couple charities in the south and east for whitetail. They could easily accomidate a western hunt if I put in the work to figure out tags and whatnot, they'll help with some of the $$$ and logistics. Seems like a fun project and I'd love to take a bunch of great guys out into the woods to experience elk!

OP
A
NM has a discount for DAV's. Not sure if it applies to NR, but is a great deal.

From someone with the same rating, thanks!

I get to hunt primo land every year on the Wy resident general tag, so I don't need to hunt. I'd love to just "guide" and call for these guys. We shall see where this goes. Thanks for the tip! And thanks for letting the military mess you up (tongue in cheek way of saying thanks for your service).

OP
A
Look at Idaho OTC bear, deer, & elk for disabled vets (non-res).

With the deer and elk, you gotta purchase early otherwise you miss out.

>>>----JAKE----->

This is definitely a 2021 maybe even a 2022 (or is that wishful thinking?) trip. I love hunting elk, I love taking flat landers out and showing them the joy of the mountains, and I LOVE veterans. Just looking into doing something fun for them. Thanks!

I'm 40% disabled but haven't even looked for anything like this (honestly feel a little guilty accepting DAV stuff in general, because my quality of life is still pretty good). I knew they did stuff for DAVs but I thought it required a much higher rating. Good to know and would love to get in on something like this at some point. I'll be sure to look into CO.

I’m a disabled veteran (30% through VA). I’m not looking for me, but I’d love to get some guys I know of together and go for a hunt. Some of these guys could really use some time with other good guys in the woods.

What states have disabled veteran tags? I know Idaho has a pretty good program I may look into. Any others or thoughts on the subject?

Additionally I have a few veteran related hunting charities I work with that could help cover some costs and/or sponsorships for states requiring that. And I’d love to do something with the rokslide guys (ie go fund me to cover costs, and maybe grab some of you guys as either veterans or local guides).

Early stages of planning just figured the best group I know of online is right here! Thanks guys. Rifle would probably be better but I’m not opposed to anything at this stage in the process.

DAV requirements are 40% or higher in Idaho and Washington is 30% or higher. I'm not sure of any other state that does non-resident disabled veterans hunting license

Beansrean

FNG
Hi! I know this is an old thread, but the topic is relevant to my current question. And I’m new so I guess that means I can’t post a new thread yet. My husband is 100% disabled and has wanted to hunt elk for so many years, but it’s a lottery here in MI, so it’s rare to get tags. He turns 50 next year. I was wondering if you can give pointers about how and where would be best to get tags and surprise him with an elk hunt for next year? I guess another challenge is him being new to this hunt and not being able to monitor/track where bulls or cows might be if it’s out of state. 😅 I’m new to all this, but really appreciate any feedback!

Look at Washington and Idaho. They have the best deals foing as far as my research goes.

wytx

WKR
Wyoming has Hunting With Heroes and Veteran Hunt Program with the Wyoming Wildlife Federation, H.D. Outdoors of Wyoming is shown to be in Casper. They all offer hunts for disabled vets.
In Wyoming anyone can donate a license to a disabled vet or wheelchair bound person through the WG&F.