Discovered a very useful power bank..

TyWeimer

FNG
Thought I’d share an inexpensive power bank that’s compatible with whatever batteries you run with your power tools.. seems like every brand has one available. I run the Makita line, I used a 5.0 Ah battery in a base camp this year for 12 nights, charging my inreach and iphone. Was sure impressed with the longevity in the frigid cold.

I have a ultralight power bank already for backpacking, but one of these paired with some 2.0 Ah batteries you can have a pretty light setup small enough for a backpack. It’s been incredibly useful this fall for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1787.png
    IMG_1787.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 55
I got my son one of those, he's all Makita and has like 5 batteries now for his tools. Home Depot had them on clearance for like $8. Seen him use it a few times on our trips and it works well. Amazon has Chinese LED lights and various things that fit them also. I have a light for my DeWalt batteries and it lights up camp for around 10 hours before it dies off, seriously bright.

OP
TyWeimer

TyWeimer

FNG
I got my son one of those, he's all Makita and has like 5 batteries now for his tools. Home Depot had them on clearance for like $8. Seen him use it a few times on our trips and it works well. Amazon has Chinese LED lights and various things that fit them also. I have a light for my DeWalt batteries and it lights up camp for around 10 hours before it dies off, seriously bright.
Lights are a great idea.. I’m going to add that next

kpk

WKR
OP
TyWeimer

TyWeimer

FNG
Better than the larger Ankers? Was planning on buying one of those but always open to a better option
I can’t speak on them being better than Ankers since I don’t have any experience with those, but it looks like the Ankers have high mAH options. All I can say is these battery drill ones were so much more useful then I’d of ever imagined. These are inexpensive enough it couldn’t hurt to get both

Better than the larger Ankers? Was planning on buying one of those but always open to a better option
Since you already own the batteries it's pretty inexpensive to buy the gizmo. I'm sure the Anker is lighter though and can be recharged with a little solar panel.

Definitely not better than larger ankers IMO, these battery adapters have been out for 4-5 years and there's a reason they're not very popular in the hunting industry. Like you said they work great for lights or small fans at your basecamp but too big & bulky to be packing around. The Chinese knockoffs of these that are sold online will drain the batteries without anything hooked up.