DIY pullouts

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking to save a little money and have some fun while I'm at it. I enjoy DIYs just afraid I won't be very good at fabric work.

Anyone ever make any lightweight pullout bags? I'm hoping to start with an easier project but need advice

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the video, I have made about 10 pullouts myself but after watching that video I think I can cut my time down per bag.

OP
S

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
After reading through that topic, I went hunting for a sewing machine. Nobody in our immediate family has a sewing machine we can borrow. Wifey said I should just buy the kifaru pullouts and be done with it :/

AdamW

WKR
After reading through that topic, I went hunting for a sewing machine. Nobody in our immediate family has a sewing machine we can borrow. Wifey said I should just buy the kifaru pullouts and be done with it :/

Your wife is probably right. :D

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah. If you get sewing machine, then you buy thread, bobbins, needles, zippers, and lots and lots of fabrics. All of which will quickly total more than you'll spend on the kifaru pullouts.

This statement is so true but buying them just ain't as fun!! I'm just starting to sew myself but it is a lot of fun.

Lil-Rokslider
DIY Pullouts

Some Pullouts I made, not much but fun learning.

Attachments

• IMG_20161209_120402840_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161209_120402840_HDR.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 145

colonel00

WKR
Yeah. If you get sewing machine, then you buy thread, bobbins, needles, zippers, and lots and lots of fabrics. All of which will quickly total more than you'll spend on the kifaru pullouts.

Perhaps but you also have the ability to make things customized to certain sizes you want. You can also choose different colors and materials to match certain requirements. For instance, I have my kill kit and possibles pouch made out of safety orange material so it's easy to see.

That doesn't even start to encompass everything else you can make quite easily instead of dropping a decent amount of money for. Plus you can start creating your own things and making your own modifications. I like Kifaru stuff but some things are too easy to make at home for me to purchase.

Teach a man to fish....

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps but you also have the ability to make things customized to certain sizes you want. You can also choose different colors and materials to match certain requirements. For instance, I have my kill kit and possibles pouch made out of safety orange material so it's easy to see.

That doesn't even start to encompass everything else you can make quite easily instead of dropping a decent amount of money for. Plus you can start creating your own things and making your own modifications. I like Kifaru stuff but some things are too easy to make at home for me to purchase.

Teach a man to fish....

^^^^^^
Brad hit it perfectly on the head, the reason I make alot of my own gear is because I am capable and enjoy making it plus I can customize gear exactly the way I want it.

reaper

WKR
I bought colonel00 mandrake DIY pullout few years ago and i think its him who gave me the "push" to do my own stuffs or modifications.Do it and youll be proud.My biggest diy job was sewing a net door on my 4 man tipi and a tipi for my sister.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk