DIY RokStok in maple

I’m going to call this project complete pending any adjustments needed after I get a chance to shoot it further than 50 yards. I’ll post an update then…

0d8e07919d2d06bbf63d2edb84b7af71.jpg

@Mtnmilsurp — this is super cool and I’d shoot the heck out of that stock.

That’s what I’ve intended. Just a practical, accurate rifle I haven’t the slightest concern about marring in use. I’ve found the tru-oil finish to be highly repairable as is the rust bluing I applied to the metal. This rifle is far cheaper than a new custom but it’s fully custom built for me and as accurate and reliable as I could possibly want.

Hey @Mtnmilsurp nice work. Have you weighed the stock? What did it come in at?
I’m thinking of making a walnut Rokstock for my tikka, getting one out of the US is prohibitively expensive. I’m a professional stock maker, so should be able to knock one up pretty quick. ‘Classic’ stockwork can be time consuming

I could easily hollow out the rear of the stock and the forend (which currently has a decent gap under the barrel) and reduce it by about 4 oz but my rifle is at 9.4lbs which is a good weight for me to shoot. If I ever get super proficient at shooting I might put a lighter barrel on and lighten the stock but it’s good for my abilities now.

For those interested in inexpensive, functional wood I just contacted Cousineau through their website and they say they still have maple, birch, and walnut blanks for sale although I couldn’t find the blanks online anywhere.

Back