DIY Tikka Facelift

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
My little winter DIY gun project. I picked up a lightly used Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor. After shooting it I realized I hated the factory Tupperware stock so I bought a beat up Bell and Carlson stock from the classifieds, fixed some cracks and screw holes, added texture to the palm swell and then painted the stock as well as painting the barrel and action with Cerekote. I am pretty happy with how it turned out and how it shoots, but we'll see how long it stays a Creedmoor. 20240102_114718.jpg20240116_132329.jpg
20240129_105858.jpg20240129_152231.jpg20240105_144812.jpg

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Hey that's pretty nice work

But what does it weigh!
Way too much, like 12lbs. I plan to get a lighter scope and eventually a lighter stock like a Mesa or maybe a Rokstock if i decide i like ugly rifles. It would make a good NRL hunter gun in its current configuration though.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Way too much, like 12lbs. I plan to get a lighter scope and eventually a lighter stock like a Mesa or maybe a Rokstock if i decide i like ugly rifles. It would make a good NRL hunter gun in its current configuration though.
I dig the multicam paint job, that looks clean. I'm working on a couple Stocky's VG's right now and for the discounted price they might be a candidate, since you're like me and have no problem mutilating stuff. I'll post a thread when I finish up as well.

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I dig the multicam paint job, that looks clean. I'm working on a couple Stocky's VG's right now and for the discounted price they might be a candidate, since you're like me and have no problem mutilating stuff. I'll post a thread when I finish up as well.
Yeah I've considered one of those as well. I look forward to seeing how your project goes.

matthewmt

WKR
Stock looks sweet, did you make your own stencils?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Stock looks sweet, did you make your own stencils?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I have made my own in the past and it's a royal pain in the ass, I used a mixture of Kuiu Vias stencils and OCP stencils. I was hoping to make it closer to the vias pattern with OCP colors but it didn't quite work. Next time I'll do the brown first.

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I used a hobby airbrush. I bought a hvlp airbrush off Amazon specifically for this but couldn't find the parts to connect it to my air Compressor so I used the airbrush I already had and it worked fine, you just have to spray more because you're not laying down as wide of a pattern