Do-it-all boots

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would love to try several different brands and styles but it just doesn’t seem feasible here on the east coast.
Where are you exactly? I never had an issue finding lots of boot options to try on when I was still living in TN.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's a reason people are telling you to try on as many different boots as you can. People are recommending boots to you that work for THEIR feet. You'll spend way more money if you take a recommendation blindly on a forum instead of trying boots on for yourself. That gets expensive. Do it right the first time.

Lowa's are the preference of my feet. The ranger would be a worth a look.

I bought a pair of schnees timberlines but the footbed didn't match my arch very well. Even though I returned them, they seemed like excellent boots.

Garmont are kind of a sleeper. I had two pairs of the previous iteration of their Dakota lites.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Im in North Carolina. What stores did you go to that stocked good boots?
REI, Rock Creek, Elliot's Boots, Sportsman's, etc. Could find just about anything within an hour of where I lived. Left there before Crispi got their act together with US distribution, but I'm sure they can be found as well. Most online shoe retailers have good exchange policies as well for you to try on boots. These days it's not hard to find several different brands of boots to compare.