Do you believe in ghosts

There are definitely photos of alien space craft and the government has stated they possess crafts not of this earth.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Actually it's the opposite. Official statements by the government say "U.S. Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects, but Can’t Rule It Out, Either". What does this mean? Just like unicorns and leprechauns, you can't prove they don't exist. But that's not important.

What is important is whether you have actual evidence that they DO exist. That is the only valid metric in rational belief; is there evidence to support the specific belief? Believing anything without actual evidence is irrational at best, and dangerous and foolish at worst.

49ereric

WKR
As a native American, I can certainly understand the culture (you weren't expecting that were you?). :)

Testing is a very simple thing to do. And formal, controlled, basic testing has not only not showed any psychic/vision abilities, but it has shown it is non-existent when tested.

I'm also an engineer with a graduate degree from Georgia Tech and 35 years in industry who understands reality based testing. Real world testing that removes bias has rendered every tested claim impotent.

This is not a personal thing regarding others. It's my own personal commitment to leading a reality based life. It is unacceptable to me personally to pretend things are different than they really are.

To be clear, I don't believe believers are stupid. I recognize that people come from many different cultures and belief systems. My experience, background, and study has shown convincing evidence (to me) that there are no demonstrated special powers, ghosts, or any supernatural phenomena supported by actual credible evidence. I would never say it can't exist, but it's clear to me that there is no good evidence for any of it at this time. And every single time it's tested, it fails miserably.
I had no expectations of any kind and I don’t expect people to believe a thing I say. It is ok.
A formal education won’t help people find the way. In fact hinders it.
for thousands of years the only education they had was nature. 👍
the only way for answers was spiritual. It still exists for us as individuals.
I don’t see why doubters would be rewarded with proof.
kinda waste of effort for spirits IMO.
I have no real education cuz high school doesn’t amount to a hill of beans 😂
I do appreciate your thoughts on the subject but I have no doubts.

I had no expectations of any kind and I don’t expect people to believe a thing I say. It is ok.
A formal education won’t help people find the way. In fact hinders it.
for thousands of years the only education they had was nature. 👍
the only way for answers was spiritual. It still exists for us as individuals.
I don’t see why doubters would be rewarded with proof.
kinda waste of effort for spirits IMO.
I have no real education cuz high school doesn’t amount to a hill of beans 😂
I do appreciate your thoughts on the subject but I have no doubts.
Serouisly? So the less you know about the actual world the more likely you will understand it?

Interesting that reality is undeniable regardless of opinion, yet magic can only be understood by the uneducated? That is preposterous.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
There are definitely photos of alien space craft and the government has stated they possess crafts not of this earth.

I have seen many photos of alien space craft, all fake. You believe anything the govt. says, really????

49ereric

WKR
Serouisly? So the less you know about the actual world the more likely you will understand it?

Interesting that reality is undeniable regardless of opinion, yet magic can only be understood by the uneducated? That is preposterous.
It is not magic. Not sure why people try to name it as such or call it supernatural when it is natural.
I said education hinders it. not that the uneducated can only experience it.

Know your world surroundings is my opinion.

Mojave

WKR
Never felt concerned or threatened. It's just weird.
Yes!

I have been told that items being wanted by "whoever they are" is a common thing.

A friend is an archeologist, he had a idol statue from Papua New Guinea. He placed it on his mantle next to another figure and it would jump off the mantle.

bgipson

FNG
I've had a few experiences with no rational explanation besides ghosts/spirits/energy.

The first was living in a bunkhouse in Colorado doing seasonal work. On multiple occasions and in front of multiple people, our coffee pot in the kitchen (with just a switch on the base) would turn on in the middle of the night. My dog would sleep in the house but refused to go near that kitchen and would growl towards it quite often at night.

The 2nd and 3rd occurrences were at my current workplace, a jail. I was doing rounds 1 night and passing a cell window where an inmate had committed suicide I see my reflection in the glass. There was nobody in the room but I distinctly saw someone wave at me over my shoulder in my reflection. I turn and there is nobody there obviously because all the inmates have been locked down for hours at this point.

The 3rd instance happened while my coworker and I were in the control tower between check on another night shift. We're watching a movie and my coworker about jumps out of his chair. He turns to me and asks "what the hell was that?" to which I'm confused because I had been kicked back with my feet up on another chair feet away from him. He proceeds to tell me something had grabbed the back of his calf under the desk. We turned on the lights and checked out the whole control room but once more, obviously nothing.

The last bit is something I haven't personally experienced but have been called about many times. The dispatch center is in the same building as the jail and shares a wall with the jail. On multiple occasions dispatch has called and asked if everything was OK because they could hear someone screaming for help through the wall shared with the jail. The problem is the other side of that wall is laundry, storage, and supervisors offices so nobody was ever present in those locations and anywhere anyone could be screaming would be well away from the dispatch center.

Just odd stuff that couldn't ever be recorded but you'll never convince me they didn't happen.

gabenzeke

WKR
I have seen many photos of alien space craft, all fake. You believe anything the govt. says, really????
I believe very little of what the government says. But given the recent shift toward allowing guys in the military to speak out about what they've seen along with the footage and the report the Pentagon released that called these things a flight safety risk, I tend to believe it's possible these things are out there. Who knows. 50 years from now maybe people will find out they were secret military craft and the CIA allowed these guys to talk to throw people off.

It is not magic. Not sure why people try to name it as such or call it supernatural when it is natural.
I said education hinders it. not that the uneducated can only experience it.

Know your world surroundings is my opinion.

I hear you. Real magic is fake. Fake magic is real. If it worked, it wouldn't be magic. It would be real. But it never works when actually tested, actually keeping track of when someone is right and when they are wrong. Literally testing what folks claim and believe they can do proves them wrong.

It reminds me of the hifi guys who put their speaker cables on wooden blocks to "isolate the cables". When blind tested, they couldn't tell a difference in the sound between wood-suspected cables or not suspended. Did they admit they were wrong? Nope. They said they could tell the difference when they could see if the cable was suspended or not.

Bottom line is always not only what you believe, but why you believe it. If it's important, I personally would like to know if it's actually true. Many folks would rather not know.

Up until this year, I would have said no. Now I’m a maybe, leaning towards a yes. I work in a correctional facility, often on graves. Quite a few people have died there over the years. I’ve seen and heard things I can’t explain. Shadows moving, voices, banging sounds etc. So at this point, yes I believed in ghosts.

Oh just things that make you go hmmmm....this might be a bit long and rambling.

Since having our little girl a couple years ago, we would often hear odd noises on her baby monitor. It creeped my wife out but she's always been more impressionable than me. I just chalked it up to the house settling.

Been working from home quite a bit in the last year. So about a month ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table working and heard as plain as day our dog walking down the stairs. The dog is old and has a very distinct sound coming down the stairs. Kind of a thump thump sound. I look up at the stairs and don't see a dog...I glance in the living room and she's sound asleep in her bed. Odd. I told my wife about it later that night and she thinks I'm an idiot.

Fast forward a week or so, we had put our daughter to bed and are sitting on the couch watching tv. Thump thump coming down the stairs. My wife looks at the stairs and then over to our sleeping dog and then over to me with wide eyes. I just bust up laughing and say "told you." We sit there a few minutes and then hear some creaking and popping on the baby monitor. Being slightly creeped out, I get up and look at the monitor just in time to see a weird streak move across and our daughter who has been sound asleep starts tossing and turning. At that point, I had enough and hustled up stairs and parked my ass in her rocking chair for an hour while she slept.

Since that night my daughter who is 2 and half mind you has now mentioned ghosts in the spare bedroom and told my wife "grandma" was in her room. We don't use "grandma" we have other names for the grandmothers...

Just a couple nights ago we were all upstairs in my daughter's room having quiet time before bed. We were sitting around her blanket and she was handing out books. She hands one to daddy, then mommy then she places one next to my wife and says "one for grandma."

That brings us to last night. It was a long day, so when we put our daughter to bed we decided to lay in bed and read. Daughter's room is across the hall from ours and we had the light on so our bedroom door was closed. She had a hard time going to sleep last night and was rustling in her bed, it sounded like someone touched our doorknob and my wife said "oh no she's up." But when she looked at the monitor, my daughter was still snuggled in her covers. I get up and go check on her. She's sleeping fine so I turn around to leave her room and stop, her closet door is slid open about 6". No big deal except when my wife was getting my daughter ready for bed, I specifically picked up her dirty clothes and placed them in the clothes basket in the closet and CLOSED THE DOOR.

We'll see what tonight brings but I'm about to burn the house down. Kidding, kinda.
Hahahaha
I’m OUT!! that house is on the market :)

49ereric

WKR
I hear you. Real magic is fake. Fake magic is real. If it worked, it wouldn't be magic. It would be real. But it never works when actually tested, actually keeping track of when someone is right and when they are wrong. Literally testing what folks claim and believe they can do proves them wrong.

It reminds me of the hifi guys who put their speaker cables on wooden blocks to "isolate the cables". When blind tested, they couldn't tell a difference in the sound between wood-suspected cables or not suspended. Did they admit they were wrong? Nope. They said they could tell the difference when they could see if the cable was suspended or not.

Bottom line is always not only what you believe, but why you believe it. If it's important, I personally would like to know if it's actually true. Many folks would rather not know.
Holy men-women having proving it through ceremony forever. whether or not a person accepts it or dismisses it seems to be the issue I find with most people.
Until you see,feel or hear something that can’t be explained you will rightfully doubt it. That is normal.
I can’t prove a thing one way or the other but it has been proven to me.
I don’t claim vast knowledge in the great mystery. I am an average man at best living a simple life.
Not knowing is an easier life.
Being humbled by knowing a tiny bit can be scary and is to many who have seen but want nothing to do with it. That is ok.

Slugz

WKR
I believe very little of what the government says. But given the recent shift toward allowing guys in the military to speak out about what they've seen along with the footage and the report the Pentagon released that called these things a flight safety risk, I tend to believe it's possible these things are out there. Who knows. 50 years from now maybe people will find out they were secret military craft and the CIA allowed these guys to talk to throw people off.

27 year F14/F18 retired guy here.
If I were able to playback tapes of all the crazy shit I've seen with my radar, FLIR, sensors etc etc............nuff said. :)

8 days 3 hours 48 min till Colorado arrows start to fly!

Decker9

WKR
Oh yes 100%. Melby’s ghost, an old fellow who use to use my grandparents property to dock his boat. He lived across the little lake, had a tie sawmill over there (also the family’s trapline).

Old Melby got in his boat one night, drunk. His boat was found but he wasn’t.

Some strange things happen on the trapline ever since. Nothing bad, little things like items moved, traps sprung with safety’s on, trap hanging in the tree, bait still in the box, no sign or tracks of anything or anyone in sight. Random small logs laying across the trapline trail. Just little things. We chalk it all up to Melby.

grfox92

WKR
27 year F14/F18 retired guy here.
If I were able to playback tapes of all the crazy shit I've seen with my radar, FLIR, sensors etc etc............nuff said. :)

8 days 3 hours 48 min till Colorado arrows start to fly!
This. There is declassified available airforce videos of UFOs readily available to the public and people are in this thread talking about there being zero proof.

I find it way more strange for someone to take such a strong stance in affirming that they absolutely refuse to believe anything supernatural is true as a pose to the latter.

I know a few people who held this position of refusing to believe only to have something happen to them and now they do believe. I've never heard of the opposite.

6e6b50412efa52098fa5212df6b2e30f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk