Do you feel your spring hunts slipping away?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m curious what the impact of flying within the state for hunting will be come August and September. I don’t think this will change anything in regards to moose and caribou hunting locally though.

with the lack of proper medical facilities in Alaska I would be 100% ok if there is no non-resident hunting for 2020/21. Too many people live in rural communities and just don’t have access to the healthcare, it’s just not worth the risks. Sucks for guides and people who wanted to come up and hunt but it is what it is.

Rob5589

WKR
I’m curious what the impact of flying within the state for hunting will be come August and September. I don’t think this will change anything in regards to moose and caribou hunting locally though.

with the lack of proper medical facilities in Alaska I would be 100% ok if there is no non-resident hunting for 2020/21. Too many people live in rural communities and just don’t have access to the healthcare, it’s just not worth the risks. Sucks for guides and people who wanted to come up and hunt but it is what it is.
Hell, if I lived in a tiny town way out there with little to no medical care I would not want anyone coming in.

Although hunting and fishing are a huge part of my life and lifestyle, I'm finding it difficult to worry about whether I get to do much of it from now on through the fall. I'm sure I'll be doing both, and just as sure I'll have done less when the year's tally is finished. I'll accept it and be happy to have my family's health as a top priority.

After listening to the latest speech from the president, I feel like walls in each state will be going up and we will be sitting on the side lines! Its like each state is it's own little country right now. There is so much panic and political flexing going on I'm not looking forward to what's about to happen.

KS announced anyone coming from Colorado should quarantine.

Another neighboring state just cancelled an important event for another 2 weeks.

A rancher in KS who lets me turkey hunt on or near his place told me a guy delivering goods got pulled over driving a flat bed from CO.

I don't know about you guys, with the economy the way it is, all this panic, I feel like a out of state license is like pissing money away and who knows if you will be able to use it this spring.

I think most spring seasons for nonresidents are shot. Now I'm worried about summer fishing and fall hunting season.

Shame if no Non-res hunting in AK this year. Guideing outfits will lose everything, Ak will be in such a deep recession that suicides will increase exponentially. No hunting, means no cruises as well. AK and Hawaii really depend on tourism to support their economy.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I find it hard to believe at this point that Alaska and the Canada border will be totally closed to non resident hunting by the fall. Spring hunts being cancelled is shitty for everyone. I get it I’m staying at home as well. As for fall trips I feel that is an economic disaster on a higher level. That would be crushing to Alaska as well as Canada. The amount of revenue that would be lost is staggering.

KineKilla

WKR
I feel the spring hunts (and any other outdoor recreation) slipping away quickly!

We already have counties here in UT that can/will cite you if you do not live in that county and try to go there to recreate. This includes fishing, hunting, bird watching, etc.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I have my Idaho bear tag and bait permits, I will be hunting just like normal. I am close enough to the border that I will be making nonstop trips to both bait and hunt. I won’t be catching or spreading any Covid in the process.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Alaska is ****** up right now, the ya the keeping on residents out for hunting but they are saying commercial fishing is essential and are about to flood several smaller towns/cities with thousands of people from out of state with very very loose plans as to how they will be managed. Lots of those towns don’t have the law enforcement to manage the huge influx of the fishing seasons and random people are already showing up in many places to get canaries up and running.

So don’t allow people to come up and hunt but do allow 4,000 people to flood smaller towns from Europe and Seattle and wherever else they come from with no measures in place other than a questionnaire about being sick.

doesn't make much sense to me. I believe at least one place at this point has been shut down by the state for trying to implement their own travel ban and not allow a ton of commercial fishermen in.

I get it, a lot of people will be out $$$ but if I had my say, I’d shut down commercial fishing across the state and Not allow caneris to open this year. Let the subsistence people put out their nets or set. ER off their Lund or whatever, I see no logic to flooding the towns with groups that will triple or even quadruple to population for 2-3 months.