Does sitka core LW get stinky?

TheTone

WKR
I think a lot of stink is based on a persons body. Mine seem to do fine about not developing a funk but I have a friend that can make something stink like crazy in a really short period of time

All of this is true too. And some people exert themselves harder than others on a hunt at times.

After I set up camp up high - I run the Mtn tops and don’t exert as much - but getting up down/ into a bowl - I def do.

I also don’t take good deodorant either because I don’t want that crap caking up.

I’m living like a animal for the most part…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine seems to do fine on mult-day hunts. It has been my primary base layer for 4-5 day archery elk hunts over the past 3 years. Odor has not been significant during that time.

I’ve also noticed that the Sitka snags easily - even tho I’ve only used for day hikes and runs and only had my newest tops about 60 days

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
All of this is true too. And some people exert themselves harder than others on a hunt at times.

After I set up camp up high - I run the Mtn tops and don’t exert as much - but getting up down/ into a bowl - I def do.

I also don’t take good deodorant either because I don’t want that crap caking up.

I’m living like a animal for the most part…

I use the mitchum brand ROLL ON unscented deodorant. It works awesome. Nothing to clump. I only use it on backpack hunts because it contains aluminum.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mitten32

WKR
I firmly believe some people smell way worse than others when they sweat. Everyone is different, results may vary….
100% this…. for me about day three it starts to smell a little bit isn’t terrible. After a hunt I wash it in the whitetail scent killers detergent and that gets it back to not stinking at all. I thought that scent killer soap was a hoax but I’ve had great results with it getting body odor out of clothing

I have found that the core lightweight is VERY stinky. I have the hoody and the tee.

I can't get more than 1 day out of it. Even if I'm not sweating, it stinks. I don't know what that polygiene treatment is supposed to do but it doesn't work for me.

Maybe my brand of stink just doesn't jive with that fabric treatment.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Same. 1 day in and it smelled to high heaven. I just wore it for 8 days straight and my hunting partner literally couldn’t be downwind of me. Lol