Dope charts

SDHNTR

WKR
unless someone thinks linear and translates it to angle through the scope. How you do it is right for you. Doesn't mean it's the only way.
Not really. You’ve got to stop thinking in inches. When it comes to shooting, it’s wrong. Not just wrong for you, but wrong period. Train yourself in MOA or Mils, there is never a need for a lineal measurement correction. It’s only going to confuse and slow down the process.

SDHNTR

WKR
Me personally, no. Again, what you or I think makes sense does not apply to everyone. Some people grew up thinking in inches and they will always think in inches and they see no need to ever change.
They are wrong too. You aren’t going to win this argument.

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
Not really. You’ve got to stop thinking in inches. When it comes to shooting, it’s wrong. Not just wrong for you, but wrong period. Train yourself in MOA or Mils, there is never a need for a lineal measurement correction. It’s only going to confuse and slow down the process.
Its not wrong and im not going through all of this again. Have a nice day.

SDHNTR

WKR
Its not wrong and im not going through all of this again. Have a nice day.
You can dig in your heels all you want. It’s really not a subjective matter. And range is entirely irrelevant. You would be well served by keeping an open mind and recognizing it may be an opportunity to learn here, and learn a better method.

You drive in the United States, right? Isn’t it nice that the highway signs are already posted in miles per hour and so is your speedometer, so no conversion is necessary? Your scope and dope charts are doing the same thing.

TaperPin

WKR
Good golly, shooting to 400 yards sounds really complicated. Lol

Sighted in at 300, muzzle to 200 yards hold 1/4 up from bottom of chest and Bang Bang. 375 yards is 3/4 up the chest and 400 is just on the tips of the back hair - Bang Bang. 10 mph wind is a simple 2 moa hold clear to 400.

Oops, I forgot you wanted to dial - disregard all this simple stuff.

SDHNTR

WKR
Recently put a new to me Nightforce nxs scope on my rifle so this will be the first time making a dope chart.

I typically zero at 200 and only shoot out to about 400 if the scenario calls for it.

The plan is to have 25 yard increments, but how do you get as accurate as possible on the in between distances (say 275 or 350 for example) when you only have access to ranges in 100, 200, 300 and 400 yard targets?
I would also strongly suggest that you zero at 100 yards. It’s far more precise. Then, if you want to twist up a few clicks in the field for a 200 yard point of impact, go for it, but your initial sight in on the bench should be at 100 yards.