Drawing first ever AZ bear tag in 35A/35B

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone!

So I drew my first ever bear tag for archery down in 35A/35B starting May 3rd through July 31st.

I am new to bear hunting and not sure where to begin minus reading the regs and trying to look at places to hunt off OnX maps and google earth.

Any info would be appreciated greatly!

Thank you everyone!

swampokie

WKR
Congrats on the draw. Can’t speak for those units but generally hunt water food and maybe sows that time of year to find a big ole boar.

WKR
You are going to have to sit water. That is the most successful way to hunt AZ bears in the summer. Find a water source before the monsoon hit and wait it out. Spot and stalk is another option but generally sitting water is the best chance. 35B has more available terrain then A because the Army base takes up 1/4 of that units bear habitat.

OP
huntaz31

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the draw. Can’t speak for those units but generally hunt water food and maybe sows that time of year to find a big ole boar.
Thank you! Yeah thats what I have been getting a lot with sitting water!

Appreciate your info!

-TJ

OP
huntaz31

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
You are going to have to sit water. That is the most successful way to hunt AZ bears in the summer. Find a water source before the monsoon hit and wait it out. Spot and stalk is another option but generally sitting water is the best chance. 35B has more available terrain then A because the Army base takes up 1/4 of that units bear habitat.
Thank you very much!

I appreciate the info on the units I didnt even think of that with the Military base! Thank you for your input it means a lot!

-TJ Perez