Dry bag for kuiu load shelf

Boog304

FNG
Just wanted to see if anyone found a good dry bag that fits well on the kuiu icon pro load shelf? I recently bought an icon pro 3200 and am considering running the small bag and putting extra gear in the load shelf for extended stays. I’ve looked at the rectangular zippered bags that kuiu sells but they are white/clearish and was looking for more of an earth tone. Maybe the clear bags are not as loud as they look but just curious..

Thanks

LaHunter

WKR
Not sure if they still sell them, but they used to sell dry bags that were grey colored in various sizes.

BAKPAKR

WKR
OR has what it calls a “Durable Dry Sack” in black and in coyote (brown). It comes in different sizes. It isn’t rectangular, but it works well between my bag and frame.

OP
Boog304

Boog304

FNG
This wouldn’t happen to be the bakpakr from central WV would it?

Maybe I’m overthinking it a bit and don’t need a rectangular bag? I just figured it would nest a little better in the load shelf... I do like the looks of the OR bags and their other gear I have is top shelf

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stone glacier load cell bag. Not 100% water proof but you can seam seal it. It is rectangular. Mine was a grey color but they look white on the site now, could just be the lighting.

Sea to summit big river dry bags are also rectangular. Not very good colors for hunting but the orangish red is more rust looking in person than online.

BAKPAKR

WKR
This wouldn’t happen to be the bakpakr from central WV would it?

Maybe I’m overthinking it a bit and don’t need a rectangular bag? I just figured it would nest a little better in the load shelf... I do like the looks of the OR bags and their other gear I have is top shelf

PM sent with a photo of the SG load cell. The rectangular shape is nice. Mine is light colored and I am not sure how water/blood resistant it is (if that is a concern).

OP
Boog304

Boog304

FNG
Bakpakr thanks for the pm and looks good. I don’t have the posts to reply with a pm so it’s likely I will see you around before I make it to 10...

Will pm you when I make it to the magic #

I had a hard time trying to figure out why I couldn’t reply but finally did

Thanks for the pic man

The Kuiu XL dry bag fits the load shelf well and will give you alot of room for extra capacity. Their XXL is too large and will hang way over the sides, their large might be big enough if 13" is enough width. I have the zippered large dry bag and its in a grey color, the pack accessory pouch is the same size as the zippered dry bag just no water resistance. I think the dry bags will fit the load sling better than the accessory pouches. I have found that the accessory pouches attach well to the back, top and bottom for extra capacity with their 4 quick clips on the corners.

How about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
I bought a granite gear dry bag to go between my frame and tahr. I put food in that and then hung it. It was 35L and semi rectangular shape with roll top. Worked very well and is sized perfect for that bag. Want to say it was under 3 oz if I recall. But not positive but light enough.

Just wanted to see if anyone found a good dry bag that fits well on the kuiu icon pro load shelf? I recently bought an icon pro 3200 and am considering running the small bag and putting extra gear in the load shelf for extended stays. I’ve looked at the rectangular zippered bags that kuiu sells but they are white/clearish and was looking for more of an earth tone. Maybe the clear bags are not as loud as they look but just curious..

Thanks
The load shelf work pretty good?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk