Dry bag?

Rwolf

FNG
What economical dry bag do you recommend? It will mainly be used to store and organize my clothes in the tepee in Alaska after I pull them out of my pack.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
A lot of good recommendations listed above. Each of the bags/manufactures listed have their pros & cons. Several things to consider based on your type of hunt(s) and travel; durability, weight, type of closure, etc....and budget since you mentioned "economical." Spend what you can on a good bag. I've come back to a campsite before to find my dry bag floating where others' clothes and equipment were soaked. Bags I use the most....Outdoor Research, SealLine, Sea to Summit, Cabelas, military surplus, and few others. I have disposed of all the cheaper, less expensive bags that were so-called waterproof. If you go with a lightweight option, make sure you take a look at the hydrostatic rating (plenty of information online if you're not not familiar). Good Luck!

OP
Rwolf

Rwolf

FNG
A lot of good recommendations listed above. Each of the bags/manufactures listed have their pros & cons. Several things to consider based on your type of hunt(s) and travel; durability, weight, type of closure, etc....and budget since you mentioned "economical." Spend what you can on a good bag. I've come back to a campsite before to find my dry bag floating where others' clothes and equipment were soaked. Bags I use the most....Outdoor Research, SealLine, Sea to Summit, Cabelas, military surplus, and few others. I have disposed of all the cheaper, less expensive bags that were so-called waterproof. If you go with a lightweight option, make sure you take a look at the hydrostatic rating (plenty of information online if you're not not familiar). Good Luck!
Thanks for all of the info. I picked up a sea to summit to start with.

I think Moosejaw has Sea To Summit 20% off right now. I have a couple STS drybags and they work great. I have also used black contractor bags and they are a viable option at times.

I use sea to summit. I started using them when I started saltwater kayak fishing. I graduated to the sea and summit from the time honored ziplok bags. I will admit my ziplok gear system worked pretty good for
25 years. But I am evolving. At least you could see what was in the bag.
The sea to summits come in different weights. I never had any issues either in the yak or the woods.

Stick with a sealine bag, I’ve had a backpack version that’s bulletproof. Recently upgraded my meat in the bag dry bag to a sealine, while it’s heavy it’s fully liquid proof.

I’ve packed a few animals out with a S2S 65L dry bag and the thing leaks through the material. Even seam sealing it with aqua seal which I thought was the initial issue, turns out it’s the fabric used.

OP
Rwolf

Rwolf

FNG
Update... Thanks for all of the info. I went with a Sea to Summit bag and some cheap amazon bags. They both worked for organizing and keeping my stuff dry and clean in the Teepee. The SS bag is definetly better and if you truly need it to be water proof.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
Sea to summit bags are by far my favorite for simple packable dry bags my favorite dry bag by far though is the grundens gear rumrunner pack