Dry January

MThuntr

WKR
Dry(ish) January...no drinks during the week and limited a couple on the weekends when socializing. No beers can be had at a bar or pub.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I am, but I'm strongly considering breaking it tonight. It's just way more punk rock to not go along with trends.

I'm doing dry-ish after hitting it fairly hard over the winter holidays. No drinks on weeknights and just one or two during weekend. I have noticed two things:
1. I'm generally sleeping better.
2. I really enjoy straight bourbon and like to have a drink in some evenings while reading a book or watching TV. This has given me a much better understanding of how much I'm actually drinking doing this. If you are truly counting one drink of bourbon (or any hard alcohol) is just 1.5 oz. Have you seen what 1.5 oz looks like in a rocks glass without ice?!? It looks like you already need a refill. I usually need at least two fingers worth. Will need to keep those limited in the future.

Good luck and much support to those giving it a shot. I know it can be very hard and can be difficult to talk about.

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Doing dryish. No drinking at home on weekdays. Will have some if I'm at a business function in the evenings and some on the weekends. I've never been a good quitter. Definately notice difference in sleep quality. Hoping to make it a lifestyle and not just a January thing.

Overdrive

WKR
I don't drink much I can count on one hand how many drinks I've had in the last 5-6 years.

So a dry January to me means lack of snow.