Dustin Poirier

anyone else watch him fight Hooker? holy smokes! props to both of them, but Dustin has become one of the most entertaining fighters to ever do it. crazy how good he has become the past few years, and tough as they come.

best fight I have seen in a long time

Dcrafton

WKR
I was surprised hooker stayed standing after some of those hits.
Great fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, I had the fight 38-38 going into the 5th. Dustin's accuracy is amazing. Both of those guys are tough as hell. A ton of big shots landed by both and they kept standing. Very entertaining fight!!

Poirier vs. Gaethje needs to happen again. Justin's fight IQ has gone up a ton and I think those 2 brawlers going at it again would draw huge attention.

OXN939

WKR
I was surprised hooker stayed standing after some of those hits.
Great fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude those elbows in the 4th were savagery-Hooker is a champ for taking them and continuing to fight. That was a truly incredible performance by both guys. Dustin looks, to me, a lot like Urijah Faber did in his prime

lif

WKR
The whole main card was nothing but great fights. Best card in awhile

OP
roosiebull
Crazy that he’s still fighting.
he still has some time left in the game, he's still getting noticeably better every fight. a rematch with McGregor would be epic (for the fans, but probably not McGregor 😉 ) he is a whole different caliber of fighter than he was when he fought Conor.

his accuracy has become crazy, like Anderson Silva in his prime, but with way more output. his accuracy is on par with Conor too, and output, but he's tougher, and has a way bigger gas tank.

my crystal ball says Gaethje beats Khabib and we get to see Dustin VS Justin #2..... that's what i hope anyways.

only problem i have with that fight is i would like to see both win it, both really good dudes who both have crazy talent and the heart to win, both deserving of that top spot imo.

looking forward to watching Hooker fight more too, i have liked watching him fight, he's a killer, but last night, even though he lost, he earned more respect than he has ever had. he fought a great fight too, it was a pretty even fight for most of it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
he still has some time left in the game, he's still getting noticeably better every fight. a rematch with McGregor would be epic (for the fans, but probably not McGregor 😉 ) he is a whole different caliber of fighter than he was when he fought Conor.

his accuracy has become crazy, like Anderson Silva in his prime, but with way more output. his accuracy is on par with Conor too, and output, but he's tougher, and has a way bigger gas tank.

my crystal ball says Gaethje beats Khabib and we get to see Dustin VS Justin #2..... that's what i hope anyways.

only problem i have with that fight is i would like to see both win it, both really good dudes who both have crazy talent and the heart to win, both deserving of that top spot imo.

looking forward to watching Hooker fight more too, i have liked watching him fight, he's a killer, but last night, even though he lost, he earned more respect than he has ever had. he fought a great fight too, it was a pretty even fight for most of it.

I miss doing MMA. I’m old now though.

Fatcamp

WKR

Everyone thinks they have what it takes to beat Khabib, right up until that first take down. It seems like a switch gets thrown and people kind of lose it. That said, everyone gets beat, it just hasn't happened to funny hat guy yet.

I thought Connor retired? After that goofy Cowboy fight I wondered if he would. Not exactly picking his fights from the top rung with that pick.

Reactions: lif
OP
roosiebull
Everyone thinks they have what it takes to beat Khabib, right up until that first take down. It seems like a switch gets thrown and people kind of lose it. That said, everyone gets beat, it just hasn't happened to funny hat guy yet.

I thought Connor retired? After that goofy Cowboy fight I wondered if he would. Not exactly picking his fights from the top rung with that pick.
he hasn't fought Gaethje….. i have not seen Khabib fight a fight i thought he would lose yet, Gaethje is the most interesting match up to me, style-wise, he presents the biggest threat, another super strong top level wrestler, and Khabib will lose, he does the exact same thing every fight..... the more time that passes, the more people are able to study him and prepare for that style.... i don't know if it will be Gaethje, but i think he has the best chance, and he has refined his style a lot lately.... the recklessness seems to be gone, and he's just getting better all of the time..... it's a really interesting fight to me.

there have been a ton of guys like Khabib in the UFC world.... unbeatable, until they aren't, like Aldo, Silva, Rousey, etc..... Maybe Khabib wins a couple more and retires like GSP without losing that "unbeatable" title.

it is hard to imagine him losing, but Gaethje is the biggest threat he's faced imo

Yeah that was one of the best fights I have ever seen. I like Dustin he seems like a good guy. I can't believe the shots both took. They definitely got their jaws checked.